now that the other browsers are becomming on stream.

so are the problems experinced by IE.in particular fire fox e.c.t

ive just come from 2 other boards and already.and 7 in all posts on popups problems in fire fox.the popup blocker is being exploited.

so the flak the other browser users give us ie users.are starting to to get the problems.as it becomes more popular.i remeber pete said this would happen .

he said he used it at the time because not many people were useing it so it remained untouched.so now is the time to go to another browser .not so popular

to stop those popups .at one time pete was using 7 browsers on his sys

so he could surf between them.

so good luck all those fox users .and come and join us.

marty

Hey marty..

I use FireFox because its not as "bulky" as IE and it is much much faster. Although I just couldnt help myself and I downloaded the beta version (also because I had a problem with active links in version 9) and it is most definitely buggy...I would have to say though that the problems I have seen on other boards with other users are those whom are using beta. I dont usually update Firefox untill the final version comes out and those who do it before should do so under the assumption that theres going to be bugs...thats why they release it as beta :)

I'm using 1.0 PR. and the only complaint I have is not all the extensions will work with it as of yet, but they are upgrading then to work. No Pop-up problem, when I get them I just run Ad-Aware and they go away. One thing nice about the newer version of 1.0 is you don't have to redownload the extensions, It now automaticly find and then searches for updated ones that are compatible.

The whole time I've been using firefox, I've never had any problems with popups. The the new re-installation of windows, I've installed the 1.0PR version. I haven't used it yet, but I will be working on finishing setting up the rest of my programs this weekend.

Mozilla's pop-up blocker has always been incomplete. In the past it was easy to sneak pop-ups through using JavaScript (e.g., pop-ups triggered by mouseover events), but I believe the current versions of Moz and Firefox have added some basic support for blocking those as well.

The next hurdle will be slide-in ads. Not sure how to block those with interfering with browsing. Not that slide-ins should be used anyway.

After that, God knows. You can do a lot of annoying stuff with JavaScript.

hi team sorry i havent been able to get back to this thread for some time.i made the mistake of installing the beta version .that was some time ago now when i was a member of techtv.and i had heaps of trouble with it .

at the time i posted to the c.f.h board.

and petecovell answered and said as a new user wait until some one else test the beta version .some one with more knowledge than you .once it is tested than install it.and i found those were very wise words .

i havent used a beta version of any appli since .

strangly i havent tried to use any of foxes.i have my hands full trying to use IE.

so the point of my original p[ost was these browsers are starting to become popular,and obviously as they become targets for the sadist

marty

• 3 weeks later...