Been Hijacked-please Help

I will proceed with your instructions this evening, however in step #2 there is a good chance that the computer will freeze when I click on the start button ( even in safe mode) as it has done every time in the past...if this happens is there another way to access the hidden files and folders?

Didom,

-Did as you instructed and got to step #4...at that point I ran into a problem...Since this probelm started when my desktop comes up in safe mode I have roughly five seconds to click on something before my computer freezes(this is why it has been so difficult for me to do these things thus far)...therefore I am practically racing to get into the prgram files and by the time I get to the AWS folder it freezes and I cannot delete it...I know the folder is there, so is there any other way to access it, perhaps through command prompts, so I can delete it and finish the rest of your instructions? Thanks for your patience. :wacko:

Ok let's try this:

Hello, we are going to run System File Checker, to make sure all of your protected files are not corrupt. The scan will automatically replace any corrupt files that it finds.

Reboot into Safe Mode!

Click Start

Select Run

At the prompt type sfc /scannow Please note that there is a single space between sfc and /scannow.

Typing this will start the program, and a box should appear telling you how much longer the process should take.

Sometimes the scan will prompt you for your Windows XP disc upon starting the scan. if this happens please make sure that you can view protected files:

• My Computer
    Tools
    Folder Options
    View
    "Uncheck" Hide protected operating system files.

Then rerun the scan. If this still asks you to put in your windows XP CD, and you do not have the CD (If you bought it preinstalled) post back for more tips, otherwise enter Windows CD.

Once the scan is complete:

Check your Windows Updates! After using the File Protection Service, you might need to reapply some updates.

Please reboot, and let me know if anything has changed.

Also, please rehide the protected files:

• My Computer
    Tools
    Folder Options
    View
    "Check" Hide protected operating system files.

I ran sfc /scannow as you had instructed, however when I pushed enter after typing it in nothing ever happened...I then tried to run it through command prompt and when I typed it in it said:

windows file protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files. The specific error code is 0x000006ba [the RPC server is unavailable.

Please advise

• 1 month later...