Is This Moral?

I've got a jerk who's sending obscene emails to my ten year old daughter. I've told him where to go go but he just keeeps on coming. I can tell just by the way his messages are worded that he's no twelve year old lothlorio (sp?) . I'm thinking of just putting his email out on that other forum and letting the OT crowd have their way. I'm I wrong? What should I do? I've already had one daughter molested and I don't think I can survive another. I can't think straight,help me.

Edited by wolfman2001

Wolfman, first of all, a *big hug*

Secondly, you should copy the emails (and if you're clever enough to find his email address--that series of numbers, whatever its called, get that too) and go immediately to the police!!!!!! I live in a tiny town and would probably skip the local cops and go straight to the State Police Department. They throw pervs in jail for that now.

Please keep us posted, I have a daughter, too!

Liz

Problem is,as I found out the first time,Emails don't really matter.they can hide in oh so many ways. I know the law tries to help but they're not on top of the battle.This ass can put up 1000 different fronts and I don't know how to stop him . I just want the rest of the world to tell him off!!

You need to *Keep All the Emails* and also print them out....

Call the Local FBI and give them Hell.. And give them his Email address and

tell them you want something done about it...

We need to find someone who can track down his ISP and find out who his

Internet provider is...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AGREED...don't go through the trouble of getting to many people involved, it will only come back on your trying to be the instigator...instead, put a end to the problem. Call the authorities and inform them than there is soliciatation to a minor, and they should jump on it like fire does to fuel. I had an incident that was with text messaging and my fiance, a x-girl of mine was still not over the situation of almost 3 years and started to harrass my fiance and it got real threaten and aggressive (a few car key incidents and other individuals following her)...but as soon as I called the police and showed the texts messages, the estimates for the car repair, and a hidden camera of 2 guys following my girl through the OP Mall and into the parking lot as I was following them...they were all over it...so do your self a favor and get them involved...don't play the petty game when this needs to end right away...

***Also PM or Post his email address here...I have a few contacts I can call and get some information on who his email host(s) are and his specific ISP...***

Edited by Vile_DR

Vile has a good point--if you retaliate (as tempting as that sounds) you will be in trouble, too......take the "high road". And Keith is right with contacting the FBI--even better than contacting the cops (although I would contact both)

Liz

What the hell if he sues me,here he is:[email protected]

Take him out and send me the bill!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it is a public account of course, but I'll have to get him to respond to me in order to find out where he is...I tried making a call to bell south, but my rep is unavailable at the time and she will be able to trace the email address to yahoo and yahoo can trace the IP usage...I'll post back when I get some information...

What the hell if he sues me,here he is:[email protected]

Take him out and send me the bill!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it is a public account of course, but I'll have to get him to respond to me in order to find out where he is...I tried making a call to bell south, but my rep is unavailable at the time and she will be able to trace the email address to yahoo and yahoo can trace the IP usage...I'll post back when I get some information...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if I'm overlooking something, but why not just block his e-mails?

The program I use you just hit a toolbar icon "Block this Sender" and you never get mail from them again. If they use another account, block it too.

And while I'm at it, why are you opening those e-mails in the first place? If it's not from someone you want to communicate with just delete it (after you block the address if that's an option). That's good policy whether there's trouble or not, you should ALWAYS delete e-mail from anyone you don't know.

Set your e-mail program, especially for kids, to only accept e-mail from addresses already in the address book.

I must be overlooking something, it seems to me all this drama could have been avoided by using proper safe Internet protocols in the first place.

Not sure if I'm overlooking something, but why not just block his e-mails?

The program I use you just hit a toolbar icon "Block this Sender" and you never get mail from them again. If they use another account, block it too.

And while I'm at it, why are you opening those e-mails in the first place? If it's not from someone you want to communicate with just delete it (after you block the address if that's an option). That's good policy whether there's trouble or not, you should ALWAYS delete e-mail from anyone you don't know.

Set your e-mail program, especially for kids, to only accept e-mail from addresses already in the address book.

I must be overlooking something, it seems to me all this drama could have been avoided by using proper safe Internet protocols in the first place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he's being a *Protective Father*... I would do the same

JDoors, blocking the address was the first thing I thought of, but how will that stop this perv from getting a new account, from IMing her and most importantly, how will that stop this perv from doing this crap to other little girls who may not have an attentive parent? Boy, that was a run-on sentence.....Besides, these guys are sneaky---there is always the slight chance that the perv could track down her address, her school, who knows?

Liz

Give that email address to the State Police. Make sure you give them full copies of the emails (header included). Once you have enough evidence change your email address so the pervert can't email your daughter anymore. They will act on it. Reporting it to [email protected] will not do any good. Yahoo doesn't give a damn.

Here is another alternative. Download Mailwasher ver 2.0.4, better than new ver 5.0, as you can preview message if you like, to find out if you want it or not. My understanding is you are checking your email while still on server, and if you do not want it, DELETE.

This is the FREE version:

Mailwasher

I have it to check my email and I get to delete a lot of spam before it D/L to my computer. If I do not know them, I delete it.

Barb

Gez sounds creepy wolfman. Are theses emails leading you to believe the mailer knows personal info? God how is your daughter doing?Watch her like a hawk guy. Please help her to handle this. Use this to your advantage. Remind her just how unsafe the internet is.Teach her to use her instincts and the tools and programs available. Tell her the steps you're taking to protect her. Godspeed you through this!

And God Bless the white hats for stepping up to this along with you!

I have to agree wolfman. Call the FBI. It's weirdos like that who will stop at nothing until they are stopped. Keep a eye on your daughter. Tell her not to talk to anyone she doesn't know real well at or near school. Teach her to yell and scream real loud if anyone tries something. Not to alarm you, but it's people like that that could try taking your daughter. And the FBI has special Agents who will take you VERY SERIOUS...

And take everyones advice about keeping copys of the e-mails.

I will be hopping you can get this resolvied real soon.

Oh my, this is so scary!!!

Please give copies of all the email, etc info you have on hand now to the local police, school authorities (in case the guy knows where she goes to school from something she might have said), and the FBI and do it NOW! That way it is on their case log, and say you will give them any new stuff if any more comes.

Wait to alert your isp until you hear what the authorities want to do first. They might want to set up a sting on the guy and would probably need that email addy to start it.

As for bombarding him with emails, virus, etc I would say don't stoop to that level it might set him off to do something to retaliate back.

You need to do some serious talking to your little girl about giving out private info such as email addys, her real name or anyone else's, real address, school, church or town she lives in or anything that someone could find her by. Also do a Google check of her screen names to see what she has said on message boards if she is on any.

I am so sorry you have had a daughter molested before, I pray she recovers emotionally from it, and that it never happens to the daughter you are talking about now. Teach both of them that a girl can be a survivor of all that happens, even the bad stuff like this. Society may label us as victims, but I learned to deal with it finally by calling myself a survivor, and with the Lord's help I have learned to pretty much let go of the past abuse of all kinds, not forgetting it per se' just not letting it take any more of my life away from me. Once in awhile I have a flash back but I even then I refuse to dwell on it, just mentally shake myself and make a decision to go forwards not back to the past.

For the present danger you have to notify the police, school, and FBI immediately.

And don't let that child out of your sight even to go to neighbors, family, or friends, or to the mall or library etc, or to stay there alone without you parents with her. You don't know who that person is, it could be a friend, or even family...nothing personal against your family... it just is that family or family friend or school/sports people can be the ones who do this sort of thing, trusted people who gain close access to kids. I think the term is "groom them". So keep your eyes and ears open, but don't make any wild guesses without proof. Find out from the kids who gives them "the creeps" if anyone of people they know or of relatives etc of kids they know. Trust, I repeat PLEASE TRUST your kids gut feelings about people, don't poopoo what they feel about someone or some situation. Even if they don't know why they feel strange/yucky around someone, trust that gut instinct of theirs, and teach them to trust it too. That is how they learn to be "street smart" and as we are all pointing out you and the girls need to be "internet smart" too.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

When I bombarded him with now 10,000 Spams he will never know who it was cause I set up a fake email address that does not exist with no known server and thus there is no incoming mail server so I'll never get anything back from him.. :D

He will never know it was pertaining to this incident......

Here is the Subject of the email to him

Free iPod nano, XBOX 360 & PS3... This is a Legitimate Program for You

to Earn a Free Item of Your Choice.

Basic SPAM but for a Good Cause.....

And in case your wondering... No I am Not one of those people Spamming everyone with these kinds of emails..

hahahahhahahahhahahahaha

Edited by KeithLDick

I am going to give you some links on stalking that might give you more info, but do the basics first, alert school, local police, and FBI.

Stalking Resource Center

Halt online abuse

Being Stalked ...What to do

Most of this will be about adults with a problem stalker, but still some good info and/or some good links to further resources.

I'm praying for your girl's safety.

Pat.

God bless everyone.