I Have A Great Suggestion

when people have problems with their computers and other people give recommendations for a fix it would be great if the op would let us know how the problem was corrected. that way we could all learn something. does this sound stupid?

... does this sound stupid?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A little naive, but not stupid. ;)

There are a ton of reasons one might not take the time to let everyone know what the results were (in addition to just not bothering to do so). I'll name one: Someone might have posted in a dozen places and used the answer from a different one to respond to, forgetting this one.

Well, I always figured if they never report back. Then it must of worked or they'd be asking for more help. But your right. Not only here but everywhere it would be nice if they said it works and thank you.

But most of the time, those seeking help turn to message boards only when they need the help and then never go back to one.

I was the same way. Untell I found the original TTV on ZDTV (and followed to TechTV). That was the first board I started and kept coming back to. Now I frequent many.

But only two I ever considered a Home. TTV and now BTs here. :thumbsup:

Agreed!!  I always try to thank folks for help. In my opinion, giving the results is the polite thing to do!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AHHH...politeness, civility, gratitude....these are starnge words for most people (unfortunately). I agree , it would be a nic habit but we (people who help on message boards) have been fighting that losing battle for years.

If only wishing made it so huh? :)

I agree it would be nice to know how they solved it. So if in a later event the same issue happened we could go to that resolution first

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AND ... Since I'm not that smart I like to read MOSTLY to learn new stuff, if they never post back to say this or that worked, then I lose out. So, for purely selfish reasons: Post back with your results! :thumbsup:

Well, maybe we should compile something like that...Awesome idea!

We should have a whole section dedicated to common problems. When someone fixes a problem, we record how it was fixed, and we basically paraphrase what the problem was, and how to solve it. As more solutions are found, that entry grows. Soon enough, especially with such a big forum, we would have a huge database that would truly be helpful for the regular user....only needing to post a question on the forums if the solution doesn't work for them, or their problem isn't yet on the list....

Anyone see what I'm saying?