Jetblue Plane Making Touch Down In La

139 People + 6 crew trapped on a plane.. The front wheel was stuck 90 degrees to the right....Time to make a touchdown landing....WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

This a very scary event, for the crew as well as the passengers. As the pilot; what do you do? How do I land? What if I survive and everyone else is dead? As the passenger; OMFG /me takes out cell phone, Mom...I'm about to die!!!!!!!!! HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!

Lets just be thankful that the plane touched down without any problems -- no -- even gracefully, with a messed up wheel.

dk :matrix:

Praise God that the plane landed safely with no fires (other than the front tires), and not even nose down but still on what was left of the front landing gear. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We were watching it for about last half hour while having a sandwich supper in living room.

And we were praying for the pilot to remember all his training and for a safe landing. I started crying when the tires caught fire but it was only from landing gear tires and didn't spread. Thank God. I bet that is why the pilot had nose up as he landed and used up about 75% of runway before putting nose down so the nose gear wouldn't drag to long.

As the old saying goes, any landing you walk away from is a good landing, some better than others. All in all, this was a good one in spite of the problem. I chuckled when the emergency crews were on the rollout stairs clogging the stairway...told hubby that if I had been on that plane I would have told them move over I am going down even if I have to walk down over you! Ha! Bad enough to circle around for several hours worrying/praying while the pilot was using up fuel, let alone still being cooped up on plane when you finally land and the stairs are ready to use. Just get out of the way folks I am getting back down to earth here!!! :unsure::rolleyes::matrix:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

I just watched the landing on Fox News. My hats off to the pilot. He did a fantastic job landing the plane. And they said the passengers also watched the landing on the planes TV system live.

I wonder what was going through their minds watching it. Knowing you were possible watching your own last few seconds on earth.

Gives one something to think about.

Yesterday morning, there was an accident near where I live. Two pilots lost their lives after this devistating crash...only seconds away from landing at the NAS JAX naval base and barely missing residentals and company buildings.

News4Jax.com Link

I am thankful for the others at LA, but these two were very less fortunate

Edited by Vile_DR

That is so sad to lose those military men. Like ship wrecks off the coast, port is often near...yet so far away to reach it in time, just like this plane and the NAS...so near yet so far.

We lost several military men in a training run up the Columbia river near Arlington or The Dalles, Oregon about a year ago or so. They had come up from California to train with our Portland Air National Guard.

As I remember one plane clipped the wing of another? though with my memory I could be way wrong on this. I do remember one plane broke up over the river, but the men had parachuted out. One survivor, and 2 or 3 dead. The military were dredging the Columbia river for parts of the plane for several weeks.

So sad then, so sad yesterday.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat