Win Xp Activation Problem

Like I said he legally purchase the keys and no he does not have installed copies on XP using the key he gave me.  He got a special license with MS because he works on computers.  He was given several keys with his license,  and give one key per computer ... so my key is not being used on another computer.

I don't think anyone had a just reason to call you a thief, but this isn't going to be completely legit and MS will likely not reactivate your license. The licenses issued through MSDN, Partner Program, Actions Packs, and most volume license programs are not transferable. You have to use them on company hardware for company purposes. You can't pass them out to your friends and family. Some of these license agreements are very strict.

If your friend is a reseller then it's legit, but if he's just "in the biz" with a Partner Program or some other volume license agreement he can't pass out licenses to people.

Ask your friend what type of license he has. If it's Partner Program/Action Pack you're out of luck. If it's "handouts" from MS you can probably twist MSs arm to reactivate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't know that ..... I still haven't heard from him. I don't know his schedule and I don't know what kind of license he has. It might be the OEM deal he told me he had 10 keys. Hopefully I will hear from him today. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

... Corporate profits are out weighing individuals rights and freedoms. ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that actually clears things up then, doesn't it? ;)

A different point of view (mine) is that some people (not you of course) have come to expect non-essential amenities like computers (us old farts call them 'spoiled'), do not believe they should have to pay for them (us old farts call them 'irresponsible'), and do not accept the way the world works (us old farts call them 'immature').

Some people (not you of course) justify stealing, claiming "evil corporations" make "evil profits" by "taking advantage of us" and "charging exhorbitant prices," but in reality the way the world works is if someone (not you of course) doesn't have enough money for something they can go without until they do have enough, and if they steal it instead then they are criminals. No amount of blaming others for their actions can or ever will change that reality.

I realize it won't stop them (not you of course) from crying about it (us old farts call them 'babies') but at least it supplies plenty of fodder for discussion. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is not the fourm to really do a discussion on this (us old farts call it political and corporate courrption) issue. If you like to we can discuss it at Randi Rhondes board. This is a bigger problem than (not you of course) people realize. B)