Katrina Human Interest Story

These two stories moved me to tears over one individual doing his best to take care of people, then someone read the story in our Oregonian and now is planning to help the young man get more education. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Father figure weathers it all to save family

Family's tireless provider given chance to dream

So many individuals in hurricane's wake, so many stories, only God knows them all, and only God can make good come out of such destruction.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

What a great story Pat. I had briefly heard this on TV, and thought then what a herioc thing to do. It is nice now to see on TV that a lot of people are getting re-united with family. It's heart warming, and yes does bring tears. If it doesn't, you have no heart.

Barb :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Finally found this thread after a half hour or so search... couldn't remember what I said in whatever thread or post about this story. Ha!

Anyhow was catching up on the stack of newspapers by my chair yesterday and today and found the latest update to this great story. Hope you like it.

Oct 5th column, so may not last long on the online site for the Oregonian.

Storm Victims Overwhelmed by Kindness of Oregonian Strangers

So good can come out of such awful Katrina destruction. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love good happy endings, or in this case a new beginning.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

• 5 months later...

What a great story, Pat. Thanks for sharing such good news. It is refreshing, in complete contrast to the news you see and hear on radio and TV.

I think the news media is DOOM AND GLOOM. They think this is all we want to hear about. They focus on one subject 24/7.

This is like a cinderella story. There are a lot of good and generous people in this world. More good than bad. Unfortunately all we hear about is the bad.

Another chance in life. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, Pat (and no, I haven't heard about it! Like Barb said, Gloom and Doom sells, I guess....) I loved the part about "paying it forward", and you know what, I bet he does! :thumbsup:

Liz

Glad you all liked the articles!!!

I sure would like to see many more such uplifting upbeat news stories about people doing good things just because it's the right thing to do!!! Lead with the good stuff, then use the middle of newscast for doom and gloom, and then follow up with more good stuff. Now that is a news format I could really get to like.

Take care folks to do at least one good deed everyday (real world and on boards) just because!!!

Love Pat

God bless everyone.

• 1 month later...