Internet Settings Keep Getting Changed

like connections when it says dial when network is not detected i put that and then when i shut down  and then turn on its back to neveer dial how do i fix?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would try but I can't quite make sense of what you're saying.

"Never Dial" is actually a common setting for dialup, are you certain you do not need or want that selection?

What Internet service do you use? It's possible the settings for your service are not correct. You'd have to enable automatic sign-on which, for my particular service, means saving the password and checking off a box to sign on automatically.

As for the Internet Settings dialog box, many malware programs attempt to prevent you from removing them by disabling some Internet services. That can result in problems keeping your settings, among other things. Run all the scans you can, be sure there's nothing running you don't know about.

Have you tried any of the other advice given?

like connections when it says dial when network is not detected i put that and then when i shut down  and then turn on its back to neveer dial how do i fix?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what os?

have u tried safe mode /w networking if it's xp?

is u'r account admin level?

• 2 weeks later...

if you are using a network card and are connected to a dsl modem, and use the cat 5 cable, then yuo need to go to control panel, and then modems, and if there is a modem shown there, disable it or remove it.

then go to internet options,

connections, and make sure it is marked never dial a connection, and then go through the network set up.

apply, and restart.

another thing to do is if you have spybot S&D, or adaware, run them.

it sounds like you have clicked on a dialer trojan. where they try to dial up at start up tinking you have dial up, but you are not using it.

i can mess with removing modem idk how to go throught it again, but before it just connected autmotically at startup cause i had the option dial whenever a connection is not present, now it keeps changing it to nver dial a connection

i can mess with removing modem idk how to go throught it again, but before it just connected autmotically at startup cause i had the option dial whenever a connection is not present, now it keeps changing it to nver dial a connection

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you are using a dsl connection, then yuo do not use a dial up connection.

dsl is like cable it is on all the time. it is a broadband connection.

dial up uses your phone hookup and has to dial out to connect. but when you turn on the pc dsl will be connected automatically.

... i had the option dial whenever a connection is not present ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As the Chief said, if you do not use Dial-up you do not want nor need your system to attempt to dial up. So is there a reason you wish to have your system attempt to make a dial-up connection when you don't USE dial-up? As your system attempts to make that unused connection it may be making changes in the registry that show up in dialog boxes as unwanted selections.

And I don't recall if you addressed the issue of malware, which can force your system to dial out against your wishes (with the same resulting changes in the registry).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you are using a dsl connection, then yuo do not use a dial up connection.

dsl is like cable it is on all the time. it is a broadband connection.

dial up uses your phone hookup and has to dial out to connect. but when you turn on the pc dsl will be connected automatically.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

k so how do i change the option from dial up to dsl, i mean the conection is under broadband in the network connection so i dont know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, Internet Settings Keep Getting Changed makes be believe that some spyware is causing this MAYBE It might be a hijacker, If you can, perform a lsp fix: experts of hjt need to confirm lsp

Run trend micro online spyware scanner if possible

Post a hijack this log

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, Internet Settings Keep Getting Changed makes be believe that some spyware is causing this MAYBE It might be a hijacker, If you can, perform a lsp fix: experts of hjt need to confirm lsp

Run trend micro online spyware scanner if possible

Post a hijack this log

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

k the guy said my log was clean so idk