Charity Navigator

Adding another charity---Habitat for Humanity is involved in the rebuilding. I've had the pleasure to sell floorcoverings to this organization (0% commission--my choice--but worth it) and they are truly on the "up and up", at least in my area. Good people for a good cause.

Liz

Adding another charity---Habitat for Humanity is involved in the rebuilding.  I've had the pleasure to sell floorcoverings to this organization (0% commission--my choice--but worth it) and they are truly on the "up and up", at least in my area.  Good people for a good cause.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I read about them, excellent organization. There are a lot of good merchants also, such as Wal-Mart, saying they would have jobs for all that want one in whatever area they are evacuated to. That is a very important step to helping themselves to get on their feet. Jobs and housing desparately needed.

I wish these people all the luck in the world.

Barb

Walmart, really??? That is wonderful news! We had 300 refugees land in Battle Creek, MI and even though our governor said we would take up to 10,000, Michigan's economy is among the worst in the nation and job prospects for these folks really, really worried me (along with our winters!!)

Liz

Edited by blim
Walmart, really???  That is wonderful news!  We had 300 refugees land in Battle Creek, MI and even though our governor said we would take up to 10,000, Michigan's economy is among the worst in the nation and job prospects for these folks really, really worried me (along with our winters!!)

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is Shreveport Newspaper, scroll down to see Employment Assistant

Shreveport

Alot of info in their newspaper.

Sorry I heard the news wrong on TV. They are pledging jobs to Wal-Mart employees that are displaced somewhere else. Maybe others can get one anyway. Hope so.

Barb