Been away for awhile for various reasons and want to avail myself of some of the board expertice.

I've wound up with about a dozen 2.5" HDD . toshiba-Hitachi-Seagate etc. The are in different condition.

I have onhand, a 2.5 to std. HDD connector, Partition Magic, and Desktop with XP-Pro to try to get these HDD cleaned out and set-up to be usable.

Is this a resonable indever or just a waste of time &effort ?

If you have the time and interest I'd appreciate your input.

Pls. consider I'm elderly and will require step by step inst. that I can print-out and refer to.

Lastly Hello to anyone you remember's me. jimmyd

Hi jimmyd...yes I do remember you...you're the only one here older than I (63)...no offense meant.

if you have the adapter just pop the case off your computer, plug in to an empty ribbon cable, set the drive as slave and use you XP disk to format the slave drive.. this should take about 10 minutes. other may have an easier way. good to see you back.

if the HDDs are already formated but you just want to clesn them up you can format within windows on a slave drive. By rigt clicking in My Computer and choosing format. Besure you shut down before adding and removing the slave drive.

Thank's for the reply's and will get busy. A further ques. , when connected (as slave) will XP try to start setting up a dual boot sys. if the slave drive has on OS installed on it??  jimmyd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should not, no. It should treat the drive just like any regular drive.

Been away for awhile for various reasons and want to avail myself of some of the board expertice.

I've wound up with about a dozen 2.5" HDD . toshiba-Hitachi-Seagate etc. The are in different condition.

I have onhand, a 2.5 to std. HDD connector, Partition Magic, and Desktop with XP-Pro to try to get these HDD cleaned out and set-up to be usable.

Is this a resonable indever or just a waste of time &effort ?

If you have the time and interest I'd appreciate your input.

Pls.  consider I'm elderly and will require step by step inst. that I can print-out and refer to.

Lastly Hello to anyone you remember's me.  jimmyd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

immyd

i remember you havent seen a post from for some time

welcome back

dam good board here

marty