Rant/tech Support ;)

Hello,

I feel like ranting, so here we go :)

I bought a Cingular Go Phone from walmart 4 days ago. The POS is already broken. I was changing the internet home page from the default to AccuWeather when it locked up. None of the keys worked, and the screen just blinked. I had unplug the battery to get it to turn off.

I called tech support. THey told me to take it to my "Nearest" Cingular store. THe nearest store is over an hour away. Just my luck, good ole gas went up 35 cents over night. Yippie, $20 in gas to fix a cell phone...

What really burns me, is 5 mintues before I had added $50 of air time to the phone!!! If not for that, Id be at Wlamart right now picking out a new phone :blink:

I cant beleive this. I should NOT pay $120 for a phone that's crap!

End Rant___

So, to the tech support side. ANybody know how to fix this problem? :)

hmmm? i still have that Trebuchet. do you think that they'll except direct air mail?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm. I doubt they'll be expecting that ;)

If disconnecting power for a while didn't reset it, no, I don't have any other ideas.

I hope thatll fix it. But i doubt it :(

Nice photo :D

Edited by Bubba Bob

Asus really pisses me off. Their tech support hangs up on you all the time when they cant answer your questions. They never return calls either. I sent in a bad Mobo and they finnaly sent it back a month later without even fixing it. . Sent it back AGAIN and they still didnt fix it. HATE ASUS

I just ended up buying another one after spending like 50 bucks on shipping costs and wasting my time with their tech support. Took me 3 days just to get their RMA info.

Edited by Sir_Siddy

Bubbabob, do you still have the receipt from Walmart? I'd try returning it there instead of monkeying around with Cingular. Did your $50 worth of time come on a card that hopefully you bought at Wallyworld, too and on the receipt?

Another option is to try to find an address (do you still have the packaging, it's probably on there) and write an old fashioned snail mail letter to the company.

Or call the Cingular office and ask if you mail the thing to them, cheaper than gas nowadays and if they stand behind their product, they should pay your shipping charge, too!

Liz

I dont like walmart.  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was either that or Target.

Its like having to decide between A dodge or chevy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, not really.

The choice is more like a Yugo or a Fiat.

Both literally and figuratively.

Edited by irregularjoe