I have a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard and it freezes quite often when im playing a game like BF2 and sometimes when i type. If im typing while it freezes it repeats the key over and over again as if i were holding the key down. It only lasts for a few seconds but its very annoying. it makes playing games near impossible though. Can anybody find a way to fix this?

Edited by Sir_Siddy
I have a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard and it freezes quite often when im playing a game like BF2 and sometimes when i type.  If im typing while it freezes it repeats the key over and over again as if i were holding the key down. It only lasts for a few seconds but its very annoying. it makes playing games near impossible though. Can anybody find a way to fix this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a guess as I never have had a wireless keyboard. Check for updated drivers and be sure your batterys are not getting weak. I don't know what else it could be.

Edited by Tootsdog9

First thing i tried. I have the most up to date drivers and batteries are brand new. I replaced them 3 times just to make sure.

also want to add the reciever is right next to my keyboard. Inches away. Connections in the back are fine as well.

Edited by Sir_Siddy
First thing i tried.  I have the most up to date drivers and batteries are brand new. I replaced them 3 times just to make sure.

also want to add the reciever is right next to my keyboard. Inches away. Connections in the back are fine as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you another keyboard to try? Just to see if the problem goes away. If it does, I'd be looking sideways a little at that wireless one.

First thing i tried.  I have the most up to date drivers and batteries are brand new. I replaced them 3 times just to make sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine has an option to change the channel. I had to change it because something in the room was making mine do odd things. Anyway did that and the problem went away. I don't know if all of them have this option or not. Mine is a Logitec Wireless.....

No unfortuneately i dont have a way to change the channel on my keyboard. Not one that i know of anyway. I use a cheap $10 keyboard when i play games but I would still want to try to get this one to work. I read somewhere it may have something to do with microsofts driver. I checked the keyboard options and couldnt find any way to turn off a feature that may be doing this.

No unfortuneately i dont have a way to change the channel on my keyboard. Not one that i know of anyway. I use a cheap $10 keyboard when i play games but I would still want to try to get this one to work. I read somewhere it may have something to do with microsofts  driver. I checked the keyboard options and couldnt find any way to turn off a feature that may be doing this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure this keyboard is compatible with XP SP2? If I remember correctly you can go to Microsofts HCL site and verify that the keyboard is OK to use. Have you tried it on another pc? If a cheap keyboard works fine, then something is up with the wireless. If it does it on another pc, it must have something wrong with it.

DO you have any cordless phones? Is there a microwave oven nearby? These emit on the same frequency as the cordless keyboard and can cause interference.

(Even a neighbor with a more powerful keyboard could be interfering. ).Or a wireless network.

There really should be a way to change the channel on your wireless config. keep digging.

WHOA pete ur here too. U left the g4 boards then?

Well we do have cordless phones but they are on the 4 ghz bandwidth i think. Is there are way i can check the frequensy of my keyboard? The microwave is on the other side of the house so i really doubt thats the problem.

If you have done everything in this entire thread and it still doesn't work right, it is junk and time to get rid of it. The only possible thing you can still try is using it at a different home or work. If it still does it, put it in the nearest trash container and buy a new one. Keyboards are generaly cheap and in this case probably not worth this much effort. Especially when a cheap wired job works on your pc.

From the symptoms to what you've done to correct them with no positive results I'd bet you can't get that particular kb to work satisfactorily. Whether that's due to a manufacturing defect in that one kb, a design flaw in the entire product line, an incompatibility issue with the kb and your system or bad kharma, I couldn't say.

An unscrupulous person would buy an identical new one, see if it works properly, if the same problem occurs just return it, but if it does work put the old one in the box and return it as damaged. :unsure: