Ordering My System Tonight...

dvd burner

case

mobo

psu

cpu

gpu

On top of that i am taking 1 gb of pc 3200, corsair value select ram, and my seagate 7200 rpm hard drive.

Anyone see any problems with this system? If you have any recommendations of things to change, please keep it around the same price. Also, if i am forgetting anything let me know. This will be my first official build from scratch. All i have done up to this point is update current systems.

Dvd Burner: W/e Fits your needs.... good

Case: Doesnt look like good ventilation look for another *unless i missed a picture or something*

CPU: Not Bad looks Good good

PSU: Get a ANTEC or name brand...Getting a offbrand can cost you..Im not familiar with the one you choose.

Graphics:... Still a area I havnt worked on. Wait for someone else on this

DVD Good

CASE Check another

CPU Good

PSU Check another

Graphics: Not sure

I feel as though im missing something

I just noticed you have value select ram. I would get corsair XMS (dunno what the cost dif is but a gig should be around 150-180), even if it means downgrading the VC (which as I stated already I think wouldn't be a bad idea). But that RAM needs to change considering the rest of your system.

I just noticed you have value select ram. I would get corsair XMS (dunno what the cost dif is but a gig should be around 150-180), even if it means downgrading the VC (which as I stated already I think wouldn't be a bad idea). But that RAM needs to change considering the rest of your system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the ram really that big of a deal? Since the value select is coming out of my old system its free. 1 gb of XMS is like $125 on newegg. Thanks for the headsup on the psu, ill change it now.

Is the ram really that big of a deal? Since the value select is coming out of my old system its free. 1 gb of XMS is like $125 on newegg. Thanks for the headsup on the psu, ill change it now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering everything read from the memory goes in and out of it; I'd say yes. Along with the PSU it's one of the most overlooked/unappreciated parts for a gaming computer. Get the XMS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering everything read from the memory goes in and out of it; I'd say yes. Along with the PSU it's one of the most overlooked/unappreciated parts for a gaming computer. Get the XMS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I unfortunately just ordered it with out the xms. If i notice a huge slump in performace when looking at online benchies ill just get the xms seperate. Im still guessing that with my amd 64, and my 7800 gtx, my performance wont be too shabby ;) Cant wait for it to get here!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The differnce between really good ram (2-2-2-6 like some XMS is) and really bad ram (3-4-4-8) is meaningful.

The differnce between really good ram and pretty good ram (VS 2.5-3-3-7, and really it should do 2.5-2-2 no trouble) is pretty minimal.

There were a few good tests on ram latency, that I have since lost the links too, that would probably put the difference in the range of 1-3%. Something I sincerely doubt you'd ever actually be able to notice without a whole suite of benchmarks to tell you it was slower.

Only real advantage of top quality ram is that it overclocks better.

get a an eVGA e-GeForce 7800GTX KO Edition with ACS3

the most powerful homemarket video card out there

get this one if you have the cash in all honesty it is overkill but with it you can laugh at yur friends piss ant video cards