A resemblance in more ways than one unfortunately.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know given how you spelled A2 Squared I wouldn't talk. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I type in the dark and occasionally miss my typos. Thanks for pointing it out. Now I'm going to go invade somebody that's totally irrelevant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we are killing terrorist, it is never irrelevant. Personally I like my picture better :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know where you get your news,but as far as Iraq is concerned,it seems to be the terrorists who are doing the killing. 1870 American soldiers dead at last count.All we seem to be doing is making them mad.

Anyway,the Terrorists are in Afghanastan,and Saudia Arabia. Of course we are kissing the royal asses of the Saudi Royal Family (Worse tyrants than Saddam ever was) because we get oil from them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I type in the dark and occasionally miss my typos. Thanks for pointing it out. Now I'm going to go invade somebody that's totally irrelevant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we are killing terrorist, it is never irrelevant. Personally I like my picture better :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know where you get your news,but as far as Iraq is concerned,it seems to be the terrorists who are doing the killing. 1870 American soldiers dead at last count.All we seem to be doing is making them mad.

Anyway,the Terrorists are in Afghanastan,and Saudia Arabia. Of course we are kissing the royal asses of the Saudi Royal Family (Worse tyrants than Saddam ever was) because we get oil from them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you on the Saudi's but we can't do anything about that right now. We would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. But you have to understand that terrorist are doing the major fighting there and we have our best people there to do a job. No war is clean cut and there are always problems no matter how well planned out. The first time we took on the Germans in Africa we got beat bad by Rommel. Lost over 1600 men in one battle. If our current news media had been on the beaches of Normandy, they would of reported back about how badly we had lost. How terrible it was planned, all the things that went wrong. Even though it succeeded. In a war perspective, we have lost far fewer men than one should of expected. All losses are sad, but they hate us and will continue to attack us whether we want to fight them or not. Do you honestly think they will stop attacking if we pull out now? They will just figure out new ways to attack us. I prefer to let the military fight them. They are better prepared dispite what you heard than the general public is. What did we do to have those buildings leveled? We hadn't attacked them first! So making them hate us even more is really impossible.

Edited by Tootsdog9

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you on the Saudi's but we can't do anything about that right now. We would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. But you have to understand that terrorist are doing the major fighting there and we have our best people there to do a job. No war is clean cut and there are always problems no matter how well planned out. The first time we took on the Germans in Africa we got beat bad by Rommel. Lost over 1600 men in one battle. If our current news media had been on the beaches of Normandy, they would of reported back about how badly we had lost. How terrible it was planned, all the things that went wrong. Even though it succeeded. In a war perspective, we have lost far fewer men than one should of expected. All losses are sad, but they hate us and will continue to attack us whether we want to fight them or not. Do you honestly think they will stop attacking if we pull out now? They will just figure out new ways to attack us. I prefer to let the military fight them. They are better prepared dispite what you heard than the general public is. What did we do to have those buildings leveled? We hadn't attacked them first! So making them hate us even more is really impossible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand what you are saying.But I am old enough to remember Viet Nam.We couldn't win that war and it took us years to figure it out before we turned tail and ran. The people doing the bombing in Iraq are insurgents.They want us out.Thats it.The terrorists that WE need to be worried about are not in Iraq. They are elsewhere,planning the next attack on U.S. soil. Before 9/11,we had warnings,which were mostly ignored by the Bush Administation.

Our own coatline and harbors are open inviations to terrorists. Security is poor,at best. Hell,we can't even keep illegal imigrants from crossing the Mexican Border.

This country would be better served by Bush if he would spend those BILLIONS on security HERE and bring the troops home where they can protect THIER OWN COUNTRY.

Fact is,Saddam never had weapons of mass destruction,and Bush lied to us about it.He was never a real threat to us. Bush attacked Iraq without provocation (much as the Japanese did to us at Pearl Harbor).He was determined to save the family honor and finish what his Daddy couldn't. Plus, it always helps to be in a war during an election year. People vote based on what they are told. And Bush told them plenty.

Oh,and I"m not just blowing smoke here,I am in daily contact via the internet with a friend stationed in Iraq,right in the middle of it. And here is a quote from her : "We can't win this war. I wish they would bring us home" and if anyone should know the truth,it would be someone actually there,wouldn't you think?

Oh ,and for the Record,before we got our ass kicked by Rommel in Africa ( I assume you are talking about Kasarine),the British had already driven Rommel half way across Africa. The US troops were poorly trained and lacked any discipline.

I was wondering when politics would rear its ugly head here. Same ol' pap.

As for the OP, I'm tempted to try that site to see if I get the same results, but I have reasons to keep a low profile so I am waiting for someone else to take the dare first. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand what you are saying.But I am old enough to remember Viet Nam.We couldn't win that war and it took us years to figure it out before we turned tail and ran. The people doing the bombing in Iraq are insurgents.They want us out.Thats it.The terrorists that WE need to be worried about are not in Iraq. They are elsewhere,planning the next attack on U.S. soil. Before 9/11,we had warnings,which were mostly ignored by the Bush Administation.

Our own coatline and harbors are open inviations to terrorists. Security is poor,at best. Hell,we can't even keep illegal imigrants from crossing the Mexican Border.

This country would be better served by Bush if he would spend those BILLIONS on security HERE and bring the troops home where they can protect THIER OWN COUNTRY.

Fact is,Saddam never had weapons of mass destruction,and Bush lied to us about it.He was never a real threat to us. Bush attacked Iraq without provocation (much as the Japanese did to us at Pearl Harbor).He was determined to save the family honor and finish what his Daddy couldn't. Plus, it always helps to be in a war during an election year. People vote based on what they are told. And Bush told them plenty.

Oh,and I"m not just blowing smoke here,I am in daily contact via the internet with a friend stationed in Iraq,right in the middle of it. And here is a quote from her : "We can't win this war. I wish they would bring us home" and if anyone should know the truth,it would be someone actually there,wouldn't you think?

Oh ,and for the Record,before we got our ass kicked by Rommel in Africa ( I assume you are talking about Kasarine),the British had already driven Rommel half way across Africa. The US troops were poorly trained and lacked any discipline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, first off the warnings you refer to were here that is a fact but they go back well into the Clinton years, don't just blame Bush. Clinton was offered Ben Laden twice by the Sudan and didn't take him. Even the Sudan knew he was trouble and wanted him gone with his insane followers. Now the disturbing fact that you are claiming Bush started a war to get re-elected. That is as ridiculous as saying Roosevelt wanted job security so he let the Japanese attack us. I can't possibly believe any US president would start a war to stay in office, not even Clinton would stoop that low. Now I have no doubt that your friend in Iraq says and believes what you say. But in every war there will be solders not happy with the situation. But I would bet that the vast majority of solders believe in what they are doing and that is why they are the Best. Now another thing you mentioned is Vietnam, I remember it well also. This is no Vietnam. The only similarity would be if we pull out now, the government there would fall because it isn't ready. It's own police and military isn't ready. Now did you hear of any mad bombers coming out of Vietnam to attack us when we were gone? Well you would hear of them from Iraq and any other country hosting terrorist. And make no mistake, they are terrorist lets not get politicly correct saying they are insurgents. That makes them sound like they care about Iraq and it's people. But they blow up more Iraqi's than military. They come from Seria and Iran. They certainly couldn't be compared to the French underground movement because they killed Nazi's not there fellow citizens. They follow Ben Laden period. That is why they don't care when Iraqi's get hurt or killed, because they are not Iraqi. Now another point is that Bush didn't lie, he as with the rest of the world including the U.N. and the intelligence community believed those weapons were there, and there is speculation that they were sent to Seria just before the war. If he never had them as you say, what did he kill the Kurds with and the Iranians with in there war. It was confirmed at that time to be weapons of mass destruction. So saying he never had them is flat out wrong. And Saddam certainly acted like he had something to hide. The U.N. certainly believed he had them with all those resolutions that he ignored.

Now I was pissed at the first Bush because he didn't finish the job and I told my wife at the time that it was unfinished, and that we would go back evenually to stop a mad man. He offered bounty for killing Americans, that to me is just one of several reasons to why he had to be taken out. Now the battle you mentioned is correct, but my point wasn't how they were trained. It was how many were lost. The solders that hit the Normandy beaches were well trained and many died still, so that is a mute point. As far as the borders go, that is a problem going back well before either of us were born. And will continue way longer as it is hard to cover that much area. You can complain about it, but throwing money at the problem will not solve it as liberals always seem to believe. It is better now than it ever was, notice I didn't say perfect or even close.

Edited by Tootsdog9

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, first off the warnings you refer to were here that is a fact but they go back well into the Clinton years, don't just blame Bush. Clinton was offered Ben Laden twice by the Sudan and didn't take him. Even the Sudan knew he was trouble and wanted him gone with his insane followers. Now the disturbing fact that you are claiming Bush started a war to get re-elected. That is as ridiculous as saying Roosevelt wanted job security so he let the Japanese attack us. I can't possibly believe any US president would start a war to stay in office, not even Clinton would stoop that low. Now I have no doubt that your friend in Iraq says and believes what you say. But in every war there will be solders not happy with the situation. But I would bet that the vast majority of solders believe in what they are doing and that is why they are the Best. Now another thing you mentioned is Vietnam, I remember it well also. This is no Vietnam. The only similarity would be if we pull out now, the government there would fall because it isn't ready. It's own police and military isn't ready. Now did you hear of any mad bombers coming out of Vietnam to attack us when we were gone? Well you would hear of them from Iraq and any other country hosting terrorist. And make no mistake, they are terrorist lets not get politicly correct saying they are insurgents. That makes them sound like they care about Iraq and it's people. But they blow up more Iraqi's than military. They come from Seria and Iran. They certainly couldn't be compared to the French underground movement because they killed Nazi's not there fellow citizens. They follow Ben Laden period. That is why they don't care when Iraqi's get hurt or killed, because they are not Iraqi. Now another point is that Bush didn't lie, he as with the rest of the world including the U.N. and the intelligence community believed those weapons were there, and there is speculation that they were sent to Seria just before the war. If he never had them as you say, what did he kill the Kurds with and the Iranians with in there war. It was confirmed at that time to be weapons of mass destruction. So saying he never had them is flat out wrong. And Saddam certainly acted like he had something to hide. The U.N. certainly believed he had them with all those resolutions that he ignored.

Now I was pissed at the first Bush because he didn't finish the job and I told my wife at the time that it was unfinished, and that we would go back evenually to stop a mad man. He offered bounty for killing Americans, that to me is just one of several reasons to why he had to be taken out. Now the battle you mentioned is correct, but my point wasn't how they were trained. It was how many were lost. The solders that hit the Normandy beaches were well trained and many died still, so that is a mute point. As far as the borders go, that is a problem going back well before either of us were born. And will continue way longer as it is hard to cover that much area. You can complain about it, but throwing money at the problem will not solve it as liberals always seem to believe. It is better now than it ever was, notice I didn't say perfect or even close.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bumping this once as I was awaiting a response from HP36.

Hey toots, let this die. It's not about Sygate anymore and this site is not about arguing our politics. Well maybe in the open thread. What I like about this place is that, yes we have wide differences in our views but we come together to help each other out with our tech problems and that should be the focus of why we are here. I apologize for anything I may have contributed to a political rant in what should be a tech thread.

Hey toots, let this die. It's not about Sygate anymore and this site is not about arguing our politics. Well maybe in the open thread. What I like about this place is that, yes we have wide differences in our views but we come together to help each other out with our tech problems and that should be the focus of why we are here. I apologize for anything I may have contributed to a political rant in what should be a tech thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only reason I did this was that I get tired of people bashing the president. We were having a spirited debate on one post. And It wasn't me who started the debate. I agree on what the focus should be here, but when I see what I saw at the start of the post, I will say something. And that is also why I put out the Clinton photo. I feel the facts our on my side, if he doesn't want to respond anymore that is fine. As I mentioned, this was the only bump I was going to make. I find it interesting that now we should only talk about tech since someone had an opposing view and was willing to explain it.

I'll be glad to argue it at G4 or some place else. I just like the fact that we try to put our differences aside here and just be freinds and help each other out. It's no secret that we have a wide diversity of people here, what's nice is we let that stuff slide and just try to get along.