Website Banners For B' Who Wants To Make Them?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just r-click on the page you want and select edit. This opens up in M$ Word in edit mode. (I use microsoft word, works great for me)

Then open IE. go to BestTechies forum. (you will need to do this to get the link)

Then click on the banner to highlight it. Go to "Insert" on the top toolbar. And click on "hyperlink"

This open up the hyperlink window. Where it says "or select from list" Click on "Inserted Links". Just highlight the BestTechies forum link and click OK. Then close out M$ Word and save changes "Yes"

You can test it right away.

And yes, You were right. You did a good job. Thanks Again! B)

:huh:

How are you doing your web site? I have a master copy of mine on my PC. and do all the editing right here. Then I use SmartFTP to upload any changed pages to my web host and overwrite it. That way I can see how things look before I make any changes permanent. If you are using a different approach (free web host, etc.) on your site, let me know and I'll help you add a hyper link to it. They are different in how they work.

How are you doing your web site? I have a master copy of mine on my PC. and do all the editing right here. Then I use SmartFTP to upload any changed pages to my web host and overwrite it. That way I can see how things look before I make any changes permanent. If you are using a different approach (free web host, etc.) on your site, let me know and I'll help you add a hyper link to it. They are different in how they work."

Ok I use a page editor on my website (it came with it) I dont have a ftp program. Is there a good free one?

Thanks

Do you mean your using a service like Tripod? If your using Tripod,(Never used any others). When you have your toolbar open for your site, and you check to add a picture, after you choose what picture to use it opens a page with options for size and placement. At this spot they usually have a spot to make a link and if you want the link to open on the same window or open a new window.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thought I'd throw mine into the hat....great work everyone!

best.jpg

wow! thats really good!

Got to agree that is real good

JD

I have to agree. This is a very good one.

Hi im back........Well looks like its about time to wind this down and choose a Winner.......You know so im going to post a forum for the runner up banners by votes! Thats right voting. Each banner will be picked by the person who made it. Like if you made 3 banners pick the best one to add to my poll. I will do the same. And we will all vote on it. You need to go ahead and post here "your best banner for the vote"

Does everybody get this and think it is a good ideah?

Go ahead dig thru all you posted and repost the one you think is better of yours. Good luck!

I think we will have 1-5 places first second exc......

then its just up to the people to add them to there sites......

Is this a good ideah? Do we have enough winners for the vote?

madcowdisease--

"im going to post a forum for the runner up banners by votes! "

Dont you think it should be up to B to decide what to do? After all, I do believe these are HIS forums and therefore, he should be the one making the "executive decisions" affecting it. NOT YOU.

"Each banner will be picked by the person who made it. You need to go ahead and post here "your best banner for the vote" Does everybody get this and think it is a good ideah?"

Again, these are B's forums. If, in fact, B wants to go ahead with this voting idea that you have, I think that he needs to be the one to decide what the criteria will be in order to determine the winners. If he wants your opinion, I'm sure he'll ask for it. That's how he works. I know for a fact, if he wants MY opinion, he asks me. Sometimes I give it to him anyway, but only in certain cases. In your case though, it looks to me that you're trying to run his boards. I don't appreciate that, and I have a good notion that he doesn't either.

By the way... people will pay more attention to you and respect your opinion more if you can spell and use proper punctuation. Your words hold more weight when they appear to be intelligent and are used in the correct manner.

nic

I have to agree with nic and Nerelda

This is still way to early to decide. I'm still waiting to see what Nerelda is going to put up for a banner. And who knows, I might try to make one to. Just not to sure cause I'll try putting one or two up in a flash formate. And allot of the people disable flash. So I'm not sure if it is a wise idea or not. But maybe just to see how it turns out. And it would take a couple days to put one together.

My vote is for B. to decide when and how to do this.

madcowdisease--

Dont you think it should be up to B to decide what to do? After all, I do believe these are HIS forums and therefore, he should be the one making the "executive decisions" affecting it. NOT YOU.

"Each banner will be picked by the person who made it. You need to go ahead and post here "your best banner for the vote" Does everybody get this and think it is a good ideah?"

Again, these are B's forums. If, in fact, B wants to go ahead with this voting idea that you have, I think that he needs to be the one to decide what the criteria will be in order to determine the winners. If he wants your opinion, I'm sure he'll ask for it. That's how he works. I know for a fact, if he wants MY opinion, he asks me. Sometimes I give it to him anyway, but only in certain cases. In your case though, it looks to me that you're trying to run his boards. I don't appreciate that, and I have a good notion that he doesn't either.

By the way... people will pay more attention to you and respect your opinion more if you can spell and use proper punctuation. Your words hold more weight when they appear to be intelligent and are used in the correct manner.

nic

Got to agree with Nic, it's B's forums and his decision when and how to select the winner(s). Maybe he will just pick one out himself, so fine his forum his choice

JD

madcowdisease--

nic

I too agree with nic on this. It is way to early to pick a winner yet, and these are B's forums. He should make the decisions. -_-

oh sure! Just mention what nic said, like I never said anything! :P LOL j/k

Anyway, JSKY...I was thinking the same thing about a flash banner (never did anything with flash before), but I also don't have the time. I'm having a hard enough time trying to be able to work on the basic banner! *grumble* stupid school work

Dont get roudy now! I was going to ask be right after or soon but got busy! No I just want to you know see what people think about the hard work we all have been doing! It wasnt supposed to affend anyone.......Nor was I trying to take over so lets not start a flame war and get people banned. I dont know if B is even looking here anymore there has been no replies from him in 4 pages! Let me ask him what we should do on a pm or maybe a post! Is that okay? Or how should we go about doing this! It was only a ideah! Just a thought and not meaning any trouble or anything it just hit me a poll would seem really nice!!!

Who do you think I am?? quote "It is way to early to pick a winner yet, and these are B's forums" Well I know there his forums! LOL Really im not taking over or even trying it was just a ideah.......How is it to early nobody much has been making anymore lately so I just figured we do a vote?

Up to you I dont care....I meab B!

Hi B! Not trying to start trouble guess i was missunderstood a bit! Sorry people!