which i want to share with you

some one correcting some elses english

and getting an answer i loved

i replied to the post

english is not a default lanuage

look how many versions there are around the world

but that answer was a classic to me

marty

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jasonlh

Level 3

Monday June 13, 2005 1:32 PM

Your English teacher must be very proud right now.

minue=menu

papper=paper

witch=which

di=if (just guessing on that one)

u=you (that's just lazy im speak)

their=there

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divi

Start

Sunday August 28, 2005 10:38 AM (NEW!)

Dear Jasonlh,

Mark Twain said,"It is better to keep your mouth shut and look like a fool, than to open your mouth and prove everyone right."

The query was not about English grammar.

Cheers! :-)

And returning to the question... I would like to find something like that myself. So far, I have not found anything that I like.

Good Find, Marty!

I realize a lot of posts are written in a hurry or using that "AIM/Haxor" language, or just typed lazily, but folks need to remember that they are on a World-Wide-Web, and English (and it's variations!) might not be the poster's primary language. From reading some posts, it's obvious that the poster is using a translator, like AltaVista, and I commend them for trying so hard to communicate on an English speaking board.

Liz

Yeah I saw that reply from jasonlh and thought to myself English probably isn't that person's first language. So I was getting ready to rip him a new one and I saw the next post and cracked up. Perfect response.

jcl, good quote. I;ve never heard rhat one before.

I'm pretty sure hariku821 (the OP in that thread) is fluent(-ish). His spelling is usually fairly good (given the forum and his probable age) and there's no obvious pattern to his misspellings (i.e. not phonetic or simplified spelling). He might have just been in a hurry.

Edited by jcl

thanks team i have to ad in this part of the world where i live

english has meaning and pronunceation of its own

and some times i forget where i am

and lay back into my way of speaking

and expressing my views

i dont mean to do it

it is my natural trait.

so it is a pity someone forgets

we are all different.

marty

if a person doesn't speak or write fluent english I can symphatize with them but if it's just laziness on their part or they spend too much time on the computer and didn't learn english then I can't symphatize with them...there is no reason for an american citizen not to learn tolerable english. I mispell word also but it's been 47 years since I went to school.

... Divi

Start ... The query was not about English grammar. ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About as good a reply to the grammar police as I've ever read. :thumbsup:

However ... When it's laziness or "fun" ways to type, it's annoying, especially when you're asking for help. You want someone to take the time to answer you, but you can't take the time to ask a coherant question? In a hurry? What, the kitchen's on fire and you have to hurry up to call 911? At least take the time to post a coherant quesiton, or else save it until after the fire's out.

The only time I've ever mentioned poor grammar though was if the question was nearly or completely indecipherable. I feel bad for someone who can't get help because they can't quite communicate what their problem is.

<edit> Should mention that I try to be diplomatic when I do mention it, as in: "Could you restate what the problem is? It's difficult to understand exactly what problem you are having." Not: "Learn to type, moron!" I bet ya'll have seen similar responses, right?

Edited by JDoors