I recently did a reformat on my computer, and I cannot fix this sm bus controller thing. I have a video card and intel extreme graphics2, but I have disabled the intel graphics, and have enabled the video card graphics. Now, I have tried to install/reinstall and uninstall the smbus controller but it always says that it cannot find the necessary software. I have windows Xp, and running service pack 1. What shall I do next?

If I may??

Unistall the video card and restore the onboard graphic's.

then tryto get the SM controler to install.

After you get the controler installed then re install the video card and disable the onboard.

I think what has happened is the software does not reconize the card and stops.

I'm hoping that by finishing up with the system in stock config it will finish installing. :unsure:

If I may??

Unistall the video card and restore the onboard graphic's.

then tryto get the SM controler to install.

After you get the controler installed then re install the video card and disable the onboard.

I think what has happened is the software does not reconize the card and stops.

I'm hoping that by finishing up with the system in stock config it will finish installing. :unsure:

yea, i remember doing that a while back, and it didnt fix it so i gave up on it. But it started to bother me again so i got back trying to fix it, and now its fixed!! But thanks anyway tenmm.