Batten Down The Hatches

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take care handplane, this thing is packing huricane force winds 100+ miles from the center.

We're just now starting to get some of the showers, from the outer bands.

Nothing serious.

Good luck buddy.

tg1911 and handplane

Be thinking about you. Please check in when you can and let us know if you all are OK.

Hang tight. The only surfing I want to see you all doing is on the net. :lol:

You all are in my prayers. Take care all of you.

Barb

Barb,

I don't think I'll have too much to worry about.

I'm farther west than handplane.

Probably just get some wind, and a lot of rain.

handplane's the one I'm worried about, he's a lot closer to it.

I imagine he'll be without power for a while, at least.

Just have to wait, and see.

Going to be a long night for us!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

handplane...you take care man. Let us know as soon as things clear and be careful....ok?

Anyone else in this storm path....take care and be careful also.

Oooh, Jimi's back in the house!!  :)

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: ....yup blim....he came back. :D

Apparently he had a photo shoot with a guitar magazine I subscribe to. What can I say.. :blush: Had to let him have time off. Page was good to hold down the band until it was done though. :lol::lol:

You all that are in the path or fringes of this monster hurricane are in my prayers.

Keep your feet on solid ground and stay dry!!!

Be careful folks. We care about you. :wub:

When you come back hopefully safe and sound, I would like to know why some people don't evacuate when things look this bad!!! :wacko:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

I'm from Metairie. We left yesterday morning. We're staying with some relatives in DeRidder, LA... All the way to the west side of the state.

All I know about home right now is that there is no power. I hope I still have a home to go back to. I guess if the house is still somewhat there and not too much flooding we'll be ok.

Handplane, good luck buddy.

Where in the keys were you, Parrot? My parents lived on Marathon for ten years in a "Wheelie" (uninsurable house trailer on wheels :) ) on the beach. They moved to Ft Myers one year before the hurricane that swallowed Marathon (roughly 5 years ago??)

Jeffro, glad to hear you are safe and glad you checked in!!

Been watching the newschannels, at least Katrina's being downgraded again (cat2)

Liz

tg1911, glad to know you are OK. Now we have to wait for handplane. I'm sure it will be awhile. Hang in there handplane.

Jeffro, thanks for letting us know you are OK. Hope you have a home to go back to and is OK, or at least just a clean up job.

Take care all

Barb

Reportedly New Orleans is still being slammed with rising waters and no count of deaths/injuries/lost peeps...there is nothing to say about tragedies like this...only helping hands and bottomless pockets

I guess if anyone has seen the news you know... The city of New Orleans will probably never exist in the form that it was up until Sunday. There are presently 2 breaches in levees that are filling the city with water. The Army Corps. of Engineers are working on that problem now. Helicopter crews are rescuing people from rooftops in the most flooded areas.

I'm still in DeRidder, LA now. Martial Law was declared last night in Metairie, LA. No one can go home there until next Monday, September 5th, at 6:00am. Then, it will be to gather essential belongings only and leave again for at least a month.

I have no idea what the condition of my place of employment is. I'm not able to contact anyone from there.

This is going to be a long haul.

One bright note though, it appears from the forum posts I've been able to find, that the little area of my neighborhood may have been spared from flooding. If this turns out to be true, it is at least something to thankful for and would make me and my family more fortunate than many, many others.