I'm wanting to create my own DVD menus with graphics of my choosing, but I haven't been able to find a program that can do it yet. I've tried Nero Vision Express, but you're forced to use templates that they create.

Also, I plan on taking all of my music videos and stuff and converting them to DVD (with my own designed graphics). I have a good 8GB that need to be converted, but they are every format under the sun (MPEG, MOV, AVI.) What are the steps/programs involved in converting all of these formats to DVD? Could anyone help me out here?

Thanks

Ok..... Lets see....

The best dvd authorizing program by far is Dvd-Lab Pro, found here:

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html

It's a little complicated, but will let you do just about anything to your menus...

So let me get this straight, you have an 8gb music video that you want to authorize onto a dvd??

If so, you need a program like Tmpgenc to encode the movie to mpeg, and to change the bitrate, which allows you to change the size of the video (so you can fit it on a 4.38gb dvd - might ruin the quality a little

After it is encoded properly (might need some help doing this), you will be left with a video in mpeg format that is waiting to be authorized to a dvd.

Open up dvd-lab pro, and load the video into the 'assets' bin. It will take a while for dvd lab to demuxe the video (separate the video and audio), so be patient.

Once done, you will be ready to make the menus.... There is a good guide for dvd lab found here:

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd-lab.htm

Both these programs (dvd lab pro & tmpgenc) can be rather tricky (especially lowering the bit rate using tmpgenc to make the video fit on a dvd)... So if you need any help, don't be shy

Brett