Preston, your list reminded me to comment on the great Christian music nowadays.  Years ago (Amy Grant and John Michael Talbot era) all "Modern Christian Music" was...well....boring!!  It all sounded the same and was "pre-school-sing-songy".  Early U2 tried to liven things up, but none of the other artists seemed to get the hint.  Give me the old Hymms and Gospel over that stuff.

Now there's Lifehouse and POD and the other great music thats on your list and Christian music is fun again.  That merits a "Praise God"!!

Boy, there are some impressive lists here!!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Liz,

I'm not much into old hyms and Gospel because alot of it back in the old days were quite depressing. When I finally got free of the legalitic views I was taught as a child

I discover by listen to lyrics that many of the groups that were shund by many churches as being of the devil (early era of Christian Metal core, punk, rap, even Jazz) they knew more about the glory of God, joy, faith, praise, and you name it than many of the Gospel/ inspirational artist. We were given talents to use in the manner that has been placed on our hearts by the Holy Spirit man can prevert it but at it's core it was designed to praise God and bring him glory.

I truly doubt God is going turn people away because they got a Gold Grill (teeth for those who don't know) and sag. Have green spiked hair, piercings, etc.

I get excited when a new group comes out and my friend here it, they grove to it and stand in awe when they find out what they are listening to.

(oops! sorry I brought a soap box in here :rolleyes: )

Preston

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic