• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and i really really loves those chocolate-covered coffee beans. they are so tasty

and coffee have no effects on me, caffeine in coffee have no effects, the only caffeine that affect me is Diet Coke......... (truth hurts.........)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oOo those choco covered beans OWN! :P

I drink Folgers, 2 cups in the morning, and that is it. When I was working I drank it all day.

Wish I could get in the habit of drinking water, but it taste so bad. Some one here said it taste like pool water, and I thought, that person is right, it does. (chlorine) :P

Barb :D

I drink Folgers, 2 cups in the morning, and that is it. When I was working I drank it all day.

Wish I could get in the habit of drinking water, but it taste so bad. Some one here said it taste like pool water, and I thought, that person is right, it does. (chlorine) :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol yeah that was me who said it. If I drink water cause I do, because I play soccer, I use bottled spring water.

I love coffee, or better yet the kick it gives me. About a third of my cup down, I can feel the caffeine changing my outlook on the day. It is scary how much coffee can alter my mood. This is coming from a hopeless(recovered) meth addict, who fully appresciates stimulates. Caffeine is the only mood altering drug I can enjoy to day, so I enjoy it to the fullest. AHH the cool rush of caffeine :-)

Shanenin, I say "Coffee is also a miracle drug".

And we're lucky, we have pretty good city water in W.Michigan--in fact Aquafina (I think, the water made by Nestle..) gets alot of their water from Michigan. Must be the sand. My Grandparents had really good tasting well water (the well itself was only 10 feet deep, so it must have tapped into an underground spring) and when they had company, they would offer coffee, but folks just said, "All I want is a glass of your water!!" Visiting relatives would even take it home in gallon jugs.

Liz

I love my Yuban, one to two pots a day.

I don't care for "fancy" coffee shop coffee. . I think it is for people who normally don't like plain old fashioned good coffee! seems kind of like they put in all sorts of stuff, while doing odd machine stuff to it, to cover up the coffee taste so they can stand it. Ha! Just something I've noticed with some people doing it because it is the in thing to do. Yet around here, with a coffee shop of one kind or another on every block or so it seems, it is rather an ordinary (though expensive) thing rather than an elite special in crowd deal. :unsure::rolleyes:

As for water, we too had good well water where I was raised; 100 ft down and on an underground spring or river flowing to the lake. We had the only water that tasted good, everyone else around the lake had sulphur tasting water, but ours was high good flavored minerals...and lots of iron that stained pails etc. And so cold it would frost a glass in the summer. So it was popular with visitors. But I didn't like having to handpump it up from the depths. Here in Portland, the water tastes of chlorine, and since it is so pure with no minerals, it is blah flavored so we use under sink and refrigerator filters.

Have you ever noticed how the coffee tastes different when you travel due to the water taste? Some brands of coffee taste better in one place and another one somewhere else. When I was a kid we used Folgers, here it doesn't seem as good as Yuban.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol yeah that was me who said it. If I drink water cause I do, because I play soccer, I use bottled spring water.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you're the one. Hahaha. When I read that I laughed. Yea, that is exactly what it taste like. yuk. Good that you do drink bottled water since you play Soccer. Very important to keep hydrated playing sports.

I think we should all go to Liz's house with an empty jug. :lol:

I love my Yuban, one to two pots a day.

Have you ever noticed how the coffee tastes different when you travel due to the water taste? Some brands of coffee taste better in one place and another one somewhere else. When I was a kid we used Folgers, here it doesn't seem as good as Yuban.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had some of the best coffee when I was in Georgia. Must be the swamp water. Haha

Barb :lol:

I love Chai Tea!!! Come on, are their any Chai tea drinkers in the house?

I am ADDICTED - that stuff is so good.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drink that sometimes.. My mom is addicted to that stuff though. :P

Cryptosproridium?
That's probably what I meant to say.

Several people here have said they can taste the chlorine in their tap water and that's a little troubling. They've recently been eliminating chlorine (or minimizing it, or aerating it out before it gets to the public) due to some pretty bad health concerns.

Of course, "everything" is bad for you nowadays so I wouldn't worry much seeing as how chlorine has been in use for decades, but you might want to investigate what your town is doing about miminizing the use of chlorine. As usual, the fix costs big money.

My water is from a well, really hard water but I filter it with a Brita Filter and it tastes good. If I go out to a fast food joint, I might have a pop but it is so sweet to me now I can hardly drink more than 1/3 of the drink.

Water the real deal.

Edited by lefty1953