Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to get drunk this weekend. That's pretty much my plans for memorial day, just to get drunk and possibly nekid. I'll have to see where the alcohol takes me :lol:

I'm *hopefully* spending the weekend playing in the yard--the weatherguessers are predicting 80's--whoo hoo! We'll see.....I've been piddling around the yard but it's been spotty since I've been dodging rainshowers

Besides, this weekend is the official start of tourist season up here--a weekend to stay off the roads and out of the stores (bought my beer yesterday!)

Pool's open, warm, clean and I put the alligators in their pens.....just in case

Liz

Pass the Tylenol. The foolish city set up the launch site for last night's fireworks in the football practice field across the street from me. I didn't even notice them setting up the last couple of days due to all the trees blocking the view. I was laying on the couch watching TV and half snoozing listening to the dog snore when the freaking house started to shake from these enormous booms. The dog jumped up and went ballistic. I would feel and hear the thuds and then a few minutes later hear the fireworks explode over the lake. Damn some of them were strong enough to rock the lamp on top of my computer tower. Two hours of this shake, rattle and kaboom! :wacko::blink::angry2:

I had a couple of beers while watching the coca cola 600. then cranked up the sound system. Had to drown out the crap my son was playing hehe. Supposed to be nice weather again today so barbeque time. Water around here isn't warm enough for swimming yet, needs another week of good weather

WhoooHoo! Great weekend here. Too dang hot but better than cold and rainy. Back to the grind tomorrow. Monday on a Tuesday.... yuk

One last beer all around. Happy Holiday everyone! See ya on the 4th.

The garden monster DID get me big time! :D I've been fooling around online but have only done it on iced tea breaks and have only been reading and posting "quickies" (Bozodog, love the emails, by the way...that piano one got forwarded....to my kids and their friends....am I a horrible mom or what?)

Been planting, re-arranging things (wandering around saying,"where should I plant this?"), helping garden newbie next door neighbor bring back her gardens (crabgrass past my knees, but we're getting it out of there!), making manure runs....hooo boy.

My carrots came up this year! Hooray! (last year not a single one sprouted, so, yeah, I'm geeked) and my greenbeans are two inches high!

And Hubby was on vacation last week and decided to get some projects done. Now, someone please explain to me why I can do all sorts of projects all by myself, but when he decides to do a project, he needs my help?!?? Pulllleeeaaase--I can run the circular saw without having someone hold the board, why can't he?? No wonder I'm the "project do-er" in the family!

Been raining the past few days (Bozodog, I heard you got hit hard yesterday!), which has been a great time to catch up on the housework. Gets neglected when I spend all day outside! Pretty soon, pollen season will be done and then time to tackle the windows inside and out (storms, too) and scrub the miniblinds.

Are those Carnevil's clothes in the pool?

Liz

Edited by blim

Wruh wrow. Clothes in the pool again? Well, it was a holiday weekend.

Liz, glad you came up for air. I know what you mean about moving stuff around. I have a TON of snow-on-the- mountain and wood hiacynths to get moved. Oh and hostas need thining.

Our garden is kicking butt already this year. Only problem I have is sending Sweet Brit out to feed the "sketters" for me. (he's catching on, dang it)

Oohh, the piano one? That one sure had me in tears.

So your wood hiacynths have been "kicking rear" this year, too, Bozodog? Mine have gone nutty. And I thought my neighbor and I were the only ones who even heard of Snow on The Mountain! No one else around here has it! My neighbor planted them years and years ago and the seeds blew through the fence to my yard. Those buggers are tricky to transplant, though--I've given so many away and they don't "take"--like Colombine, I've learned to let the grow where they want to :thumbsup:

I was lucky with the hostas--Son's Girlfriend's Mom took a bunch from me. She hinted that she may need more next spring because the deer love 'em. Fine with me! I love to share perinneals!

I typed this whole post one handed as Sandydog decided she need petting--storm coming ? excuse the typos!

Liz

Barkeep

An Ice Cold One for me please.

Just got everything going. And I need a drink.

Tired of all the extra work on the new build. Man...reactivation... And redoing updates after updates after updates....then more updates. And drivers and more activations and then more updates......

I think it would have been better to reinstall the OS and start fresh..... :lol:

Actually I've been done for a couple of days now. But I was checking out the differences between 32 and 64 bit OS's. Dual booting Vista with both types of platforms loaded. Yes there is a difference.

But thought I had better get back in gear and get the main system going full throttle.

What a mass of e-mails one can gather after a few days off-line :blink:

Now to catch up on everything I missed. :)

It is so much fun completed the software install on a new system. I truly enjoy spending 24 hours plus getting a system setup to my satisfaction. With 98SE it was so much simpler. I printed out a couple of sheets with each step outlined and had all my updates burned to a disk all in order of install. All of my hardware drivers were updated and burned to disk. The same with my necessary programs. Install lean, clean and mean.

I thought about a fresh install. But with some of the programs I have loaded, I went with the reactivation process. (Major hardware change big time)

Heck.... allot easier then I thought. 15 min. on the phone talking to a computer (female to boot) and I was reactivated.

And I thought I was going to have to waste my spare CD and key just to get back on track.

If I would have known it was that easy. I would have sold the spare long ago. But it's nice to have a backup laying around.

I've got to buy 3 XP Pro OEM versions so I can upgrade all of the computers I built for the kids and myself. From what I understand Home support ends 2 years after Vista is released. I have Home on mine and my niece's. My great-niece is still using 98SE on her PC which is going to get the hardware upgraded. I will build a new PC for my self next year.

I don't know for sure, but I think the price might drop for XP once Vista is released. I know 98 dropped when XP hit the main stream. That could save you a little money.

AHhhhh.....Rebuilding. I just love building my own rig. It's allot of fun. The excitement of pushing the start button and seeing everything start up. And working the first time! <_<

Only problem I had with mine was my power supply. It decided to die on me. Powered everything up the first time with no problems. Did the Repair install to detect all the hardware changes, called the toll free number and got activated ok. Rebooted, and the PC would start and then shut down. :blink:

Now a million thing that could be wrong started to run through my head. I was thinking either bad mobo or the processor overheating. But then thought why didn't it do it the first time. :huh: Waited a few min. and tried again. Same thing. start and then die.

Hmmmmmm??? Now what????

I then ran everything through my head to try to pin point what it could be. :wacko:

I thought try the simple things first.

So ripped the PS out of my test machine and tried it. Powered right up. Off to get a new PS and now everything runs great. But there was about half an hour as all these different things ran through my head :o

But that's all apart of the fun. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

One fun experience with PC building I was a part of involves a BIOS upgrade. I was helping out with a build problem at the MTSU Wesley Foundation. That is the United Methodist Campus Ministry where I go to school, Middle Tennessee State University. Anyway everything was installed and the machine would not boot. The little led display kept on flashing 18 and then stopping the boot process. 18 was the code for processor not found. We went through everything the pins in the processor slot, the ram, the power supply. I remember specifically asking if it was the correct processor for the mother board and Bill, the campus Minister, said that he had checked that. It turns out that the motherboard box had information for a different, updated BIOS, than the motherboard shipped with. I can't help but wonder why they shipped a motherboard with an out of date BIOS.

Bryan Miller

Ooooo!!! It's GREAT!!!!!

I have tried it many times.

Just butter and spice the skin how you like.

here you go Liz.

Beer Can Chicken

Q) Why did the chicken cross the road? A) Because it couldn't remember where it left its beer

1 (4-pound) whole chicken

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 tablespoons salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

3 tablespoons of your favorite dry spice rub

1 can beer

Remove neck and giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and dry rub. Set aside.

Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps so that the can is half full). Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can. Transfer the bird-on-a-can to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its 2 legs and the can like a tripod.

Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat (i.e. no coals or burners on directly under the bird), with the grill cover on, for approximately 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F in the breast area and 180 degrees F in the thigh, or until the thigh juice runs clear when stabbed with a sharp knife. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.

It's taste great. At least after you gulp half the beer :lol:

That does sound good--now from reading this, the "beer vapors" flavor the chicken, since the beer stays in the can, right? (well, unless after gulping half the beer, I tip the can-leg-tripod)

Why did the chicken cross the road? To prove to the possum it CAN be done!

Liz

Edited by blim

Ok, same as I've read... Easy enough. Heard real good things about how good it comes out. As a "grill master" I've always had a tough time with chicken. Unless it's slathered with BBQ sauce. Dontcha know I really like the part about slugging some beer down. Wish me luck.....

You can still add any spices you like.... I have even had it with BBQ sauce brushed on the outside of the chicken. I guess you'd call it glazed. But you can make it to your taste. Try some hot sauce to give it a bite.

Beer Can Chicken ???..... :mellow: .... :huh: ..... :blink: .....ya know... :rolleyes: ....this could be a real

interesting dinner.... :lol: . Going to have to try this... :D

Thanks for the recipe JSKY....I never heard of this....but it sounds cool to try out... :thumbsup: