Whiskeyman's Bar

:pirate: nog and cashews have arrived! So....are other folks opting to stay home just like we are? Could have gone out, but the possibility of kids hanging out here (having to make sure who drinks doesn't drive) and the first day of me having a cold (feels like a whopper) are keeping us home.

Skol! :pirate:

Liz

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm home Liz. Happy New Year to you. As a working musician, I always hoped to be off on amateur night, even though it paid well. It's just too darn dangerous out there. You are wise to keep an eye on the kids. *Clinks my pirate nog with Liz* Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Oooh, also brought the curly-paper noise makers (the ones that curl up and shoot out when you blow them, what are they called??) :pirate: twoot! :pirate:

The kids and buddies flew in like a herd of vultures, scooped up some board games, the 3 frozen pizzas and a bag of gingerbread cookies and off they went to Lauren's house---so Lauren's mom gets the gang :wacko: But that's good--Lauren's Mom is a stickler for drinking and driving, too!

Liz

Edited by blim
Oooh, also brought the curly-paper noise makers (the ones that curl up and shoot out when you blow them, what are they called??) :pirate: twoot! :pirate:

The kids and buddies flew in like a herd of vultures, scooped up some board games, the 3 frozen pizzas and a bag of gingerbread cookies and off they went to Lauren's house---so Lauren's mom gets the gang :wacko: But that's good--Lauren's Mom is a stickler for drinking and driving, too!

Liz

I blow my tweazer in your ear. Yes I have no idea what those things are called either. I'm glad the kids are

taken care of, and you don't have to deal with it. Have a good New Year Liz.

Creeek... *peeks in the door. :blink: Oi vay! Watta mess. Confetti, streamers, balloons, hot wing bones, cracker crumbs and who the heck put all the champagne corks in the pool?

Some party, huh folks? Urggg. Coffee royal please...

Breakfast with Bloody Marys and Whiskey Sours on the house for the survivors.

Breakfast menu

Eggs (any way you want them)

Toast (any type bread)

Hash Browns

Bacon

Sausage

Grits

Scrapple

For the non-drinkers

Coffee (Arabica, Columbian)

Tea (green or black)

Juice (any type)

Soda

Mmmm, give me a bit of each... Heh heh last day of the non-diet. Back to reality tomorrow.

New Years Day is the only time I don't adhere to my diet. I love all of the taboo stuff for breakfast and shall enjoy plates full of Sauerbraten late in the afternoon. The only thing I can no longer enjoy is my Bloody Marys or Whiskey Sours.

OK, what is Scrapple, Terrorist?? And what are those d*mned horns called?!?

Y'know what's nice about New Years Day being on a Sunday? Heh, heh, heh, New Years Eve Part Two! :pirate:

:pirate: Nog all around again! Argghhhh. And Cashews.

Don't worry, I'm not dirving...

Skol!

Liz

Y'know what's nice about New Years Day being on a Sunday? Heh, heh, heh, New Years Eve Part Two! :pirate:

Skol!

Liz

Scrapple :o

Greetings to All and Happy New Year,

I have a rare day off and wanted to send everyone here best wishes, for a good year for all.

I still stop in a lot but don't post much. This is still one of the best places on the net.

Take care,

Pat :thumbsup:

Greetings to All and Happy New Year,

I have a rare day off and wanted to send everyone here best wishes, for a good year for all.

I still stop in a lot but don't post much. This is still one of the best places on the net.

Take care,

Pat :thumbsup:

I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say "THANKS"...as well as it being great that you're on the BT forums.

I wanted to pOp right in and see if any of the wells had run dry and if i need to refill them. New Years swept me clean of the non-sober drinks, any club-soda still tapped?

ENJOY!

Skol!

Liz

Scrapple :o

Scrapple....Scrapple is affectionately known to be composed of "everything but the squeal".

Good grief.... :wacko: .....maybe I'll get a few beers in me then I might try this...*maybe.. :unsure::blink:

Ewww, Scrapple sounds like "head cheese in disquise"--glad I didn't read Terrorists link last night... :huh:

I used to work in a grocery store deli when deli's had a wide variety of stuff. The Senior Citizens used to buy head cheese and oh, did I give them a hard time everytime they bought it (I was always compelled to clean the slicer afterwards). They would laugh and say, "give me an extra 1/2 pound"..Yuck!

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it was blims idea and i agree with her. this and the Cafe' are staples in the BestTechie Community. the two most used threads in here and even though not alot of useful stuff happens in either, both threads are important for the feel and and atmosphere of here. plus i like them alot and i am practically the Don of the Open Chat section so up they go.