Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Mac.... I'ma thinking my car can run on moonshine cheaper than gas... What do I need to do? (besides have a double now)  Line 'em up barkeep! Ole No.7 all around.

*punches C5 "Life in the Fast Lane" .......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell you what I will volunteer to test the "octane" level of your fuel........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

An increase of the jetting with a little tweaking of the timing plus a few other minor mods and your car will run fine on alcohol. Of course you will need a much larger fuel tank and decent fuel lines. It is also best if you don't live in a cold nothern area. Cold weather and alcohol sucks.

But, but, but, Booze is more expensive than Gasoline....Oh, I know!!! Drink it, then you can't drive :) Fuel conservation at its finest.

Soooo, How's everybody doing? Geez, after today a drink is welcome (details of "happenings at my Crazy House" is in the Cafe thread) Shouldn't complain, though, nothing broke, no one got head lice or fleas....with exception of a pesky fruit fly, *swat, darn, missed again* life is good!

Skol! :pirate:

Liz

Edited by blim
WeeeHa! Holiday weekend! Beer, BBQ, beer, swimming, beer, walk in the woods, beer...... Oh yeah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ill go one better, a few close friends I haven't seen in a while, ribs, chicken, tater salad, and a big screen.

Won't be drinkin' out of respect for a close friend who is recovering. Won't be drivin' for obvious reasons...

BH

I found out the DestiNY USA hirings are a joke. This was a ploy to force the hands of those who need to give the tax breaks and other concessions. The project has not met the requirements of financing plus other necessary steps that need to be in place to receive the concessions. The people they have hired are a puppet force that are used in TV ads extolling the virtues of this *cough* glorious endeavor. It is similar to Disney and his brainwashing of employees. These people were not hired because of their experience related to construction, technology or design. They were picked because they were easily influenced and moldable to the mindset of those involved with this project. I had to decline for I could not bring myself down to this level.

Terrorist, I've been thinking of you and the interview--if my memory works, wasn't it on the 2nd? I'm glad you researched and got fully informed. I didn't want to say anything except to go to the interview for the "full story", but the more I read about this, the bigger scam it seemed.

Glad you turned them down :thumbsup:

Sooo, you taking up the Bartending job?

Liz

I am awaiting word on the bartending job. My friend's present bartender is waiting for her regular employer to promote her to full time. When she goes full time she will no longer to be able to work at the bar. I have been in contact with some of the former contractors that I have worked with in the past and have let them know I am available. I also have been involved with the restoration of Lake Neahtawanta which is three blocks from me. I wrote up a proposal four years ago that deals with the resurrection of the lake. It was announced a couple of days ago the first grants were issued. It's time for me to meet with the new mayor and see if I will be included on coordinating this project. I wouldn't mind working for the city. They have a great insurance plan, benefits plus an excellent retirement package. If they use outside sources such as Cornell University and the DEC to oversee the project then I will talk to them about contracting the actual work. I only need to adjust my bids to take account of the increased costs from four years ago. I was employed with the city in 1972 to build the camping grounds and beach at the North Bay section of the lake and was the original lifeguard there.

I am awaiting word on the bartending job. My friend's present bartender is waiting for her regular employer to promote her to full time. When she goes full time she will no longer to be able to work at the bar. I have been in contact with some of the former contractors that I have worked with in the past and have let them know I am available. I also have been involved with the restoration of Lake Neahtawanta which is three blocks from me. I wrote up a proposal four years ago that deals with the resurrection of the lake. It was announced a couple of days ago the first grants were issued. It's time for me to meet with the new mayor and see if I will be included on coordinating this project. I wouldn't mind working for the city. They have a great insurance plan, benefits plus an excellent retirement package. If they use outside sources such as Cornell University and the DEC to oversee the project then I will talk to them about contracting the actual work. I only need to adjust my bids to take account of the increased costs from four years ago. I was employed with the city in 1972 to build the camping grounds and beach at the North Bay section of the lake and was the original lifeguard there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Best of luck with these jobs, TheTerrorist_75! :D

These positions sound like good moves to me. :thumbsup:

Maybe someone should water down Bearskin's lemonade. He's got a major sugar rush going on there

:lol::lol::lol:

Long Island iced tea for me, nearly finished the painting

F4 Led Zepellin - Stairway to Heaven

Set 'em up barkeep. My "other" car made itself undriveable today. And I am in a real bad mood.... Do I spend a couple hundred getting it fixed? Sell it for a couple hundred? Or shoot the ole thing?

*punches K7, CCR, "lookin' out my back door"

How old is the car and does it get at least 20 miles per gallon?

Side note.

DestiNY just received a setback when the local county legislators stopped the county development authority from allowing DestiNy to use Eminent Domain in taking the 29 businesses that stand in it's way for the project. They are sending it to the state to resolve which will not occur until next spring. Local state assemblymen have put forth a proposal that businesses not be allowed to take other businesses through Eminent Domain for personal gain. Take that Congel.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75