Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess I can run the bar for a while, little rusty, haven't done this for 30 yrs.

pours self a guiness

ok folks what'll it be

btw welcome Parrotgeek7

Liz in Britain drinking at 18, which makes sense if you can risk your life in the military at that age, ride a motor cycle at 16 and drive a car at 17unless it changed in the last 20 years

Edited by robroy

Makai, just as long as you don't go Martha Stewart and start using linen napkins!!! :D (twice now, I'm keeping track!!) :D

*raises glass* Skol!!!!

:pirate: Just for Parrotgeek :pirate: Oh, no, here I go again. But I'm staying away from the pool! Arrgggghhhh! :pirate:

Liz

It's against the law to serve alcohol here in Central NY before noon on Sunday. Do you know anyone aorund here that would mind me doing my usual law breaking and start serving? I just won't turn on the beer signs to attract the flat foot's eyes. Bloody Marys are ready. Looks like it is going to be a decent day in Michigan so NASCAR should be racing. Go Biffle! :thumbsup:

It's against the law to serve alcohol here in Central NY before noon on Sunday. Do you know anyone aorund here that would mind me doing my usual law breaking and start serving? I just won't turn on the beer signs to attract the flat foot's eyes. Bloody Marys are ready. Looks like it is going to be a decent day in Michigan so NASCAR should be racing. Go Biffle! :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahahaha...see here they have the wording "sell" alcohol....The way I read that is you could run a bartab one people and they do just that. the bars here are already open and going.....Hahahahahahaha....

We can neither serve nor sell alcohol. I would always be ready by 9 AM on Sundays for my football crew (bookies). They would go back of the bar and serve themselves. I would just sit by the window and read my paper while drinking my tea and Baileys. The local cops weren't stupid and knew what was happening but they opted to ignore me. They had been subjected to my confrontational attitude numerous times in the thirty years I worked that bar. :rolleyes:

Confrontational? You? I can't imagine that........Sure you didn't slip a few dollars to the right person? That goes one here all the time.....Hahahahahahahaha.....And no it is not the police as you might suspect but the mayor who controls all the licquor licenses.....Hahahahahaha...

We have just over 40 cops for 12.000 people. The base salary is around $39,000 with full medical/dental and etc. Theycccan make upto $75,000/year with overtime. Most of them work all the overtime they ccan get. All this adds up for when they retire in 20 years at 100% full average earnings plus they get their full health benefits for life. Same with our firemen and teachers.

This is the WORLD Wide Net!!  It's noon somewhere!!  :thumbsup:

As she wrings the pool water out of her hair.....never did get that direction thing down.....

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a towel Liz. And you do have a valid point!

So Bartender

A big cup of coffee with my favorite....Irish Cream!!!!

This is the WORLD Wide Net!!  It's noon somewhere!!  :thumbsup:

As she wrings the pool water out of her hair.....never did get that direction thing down.....

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a towel Liz. And you do have a valid point!

So Bartender

A big cup of coffee with my favorite....Irish Cream!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO...Its five O'clock Somewhere...and its always five o'clcok in Margarittaville

Are there Gypsies in the Palace?

"Hey Hank this party's getting dull....throw someone in the pool".....words to live by.

Oooh, Oooh, Me! Me! My Grandmother was Jewish Bohemian and my Hubby's nickname for me is "The Bohemian Princess"! Now, a lot of Czechoslovakians will say "I'm not Bohemian, I am a Czech!!" and act insulted. Reason being is that the Czechs were "townies" and the Bohemians were Gypsies. My family always said Bohemian :thumbsup: Didn't even know Bohemians were Czechoslovakians till I was in Junior High School...

I knew there was a reason I liked you, Parrot!! :pirate:;)

""Hey Hank this party's getting dull....throw someone in the pool".....words to live by." So Hank threw me in??? Ok, Ok, who is Hank?

Liz

It's been a slow day today...

Went to a reunion yesterday and got in early this morning... :blush:

Think I'll just settle for a glass of water for now... :unsure: ....then might get something to eat....

Just can't take it anymore....is it age or are they making brews stronger today.. :mellow: