Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw where Hunter S. Thompson is going to have his remains shot out of a cannon at his home. Way to go Hunter, go out with a bang. Here's a toast to ya *raises glass*.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hunter ...Hunter..HUNTER S...HUNTER S THOMPSON....!!! oh ya.now i remember..lost about 6 years of my life trying to emulate him... :lol::lol::lol:

R.I.P..

can't remember the name of the gin we used to slam...it's hell getting old... :wacko:

Macmarauder, during the daytime I drink iced tea here.....shhhhh......:pirate: only comes out at night (usually!)

Hitest, I'm jealous--European Beer? Lucky you, although I know you're familiar with Faxe. Closest place for imported stuff is over an hours drive for me and they mainly carry Heinys and Carlsberg...lame!

Ok, I give.....throw the peanut shells at me, who is Hunter S. Thompson????

Liz

Macmarauder, during the daytime I drink iced tea here.....shhhhh......:pirate: only comes out at night (usually!)

Hitest, I'm jealous--European Beer?  Lucky you, although I know you're familiar with Faxe.  Closest place for imported stuff is over an hours drive for me and they mainly carry Heinys and Carlsberg...lame!

Ok, I give.....throw the peanut shells at me, who is Hunter S. Thompson????

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kind of hard to explain. He wrote "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and a lot of other books and articles. Kind of a 60's 70's icon.

Hunter S. Thompson

They claim that "Happy Hours" encourage the young ones to drink. Yes this is a university based ecconomy but.......As I always have contended if you are old enough to die for your country at 17 or 18 then you should have all the rights to go along with it. If you don't want people drinking at 18 then they should not be able to go into the military either.......Hahahahahahah.....Sorry a sore spot with me for sure....Let Bush and Chaney take a tour over there and maybe even send all of congress for a 12 month deployment and I bet things would change in a hurry......Wasn't it Sir Winston who said, " Old men start wars and young men have to fight them"? Not discounting the women who are in the service by any means......

Ah, yes! That's where Europe has it right. In many countries (most, probably, but leaving a benefit of a doubt), one can drink at 14 or 16, BUT can't drive until 18. As much as the teenaged drivers are going to holler, I think US should take that policy!!

I've always thought the drinking and military thing is totally goofed up, too.

And I'm an old Illinois girl, too!! Grew up in Hinsdale, about 20 minutes west of Chicago, by the Brookfield Zoo.

Liz