About U?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kasey,

Welcome to the forums!!!! Have a look around, we have a real fun bunch here and plenty of people your age to keep you company. Just watch out for us old folks-we move kinda slow sometimes :D and be sure to check out the arcade! Look forward to hearing a lot more from you.

There are many very smart technical experts here--me, I'm the village idiot :) . But we like to mix fun in with the information sharing which makes this a great place to hang out.

Maine----I think Kasey has outranked us snow and cold weather bellyachers (we've been quite busy bellyaching)!! Well maybe except for RV56 (RV's in Canada, Kasey....) Anyway, I have heard Maine is beautiful.

Again, make yourself at home!

Liz

PS: I screw up the close tags thing too---alot! ;)

Hi Kasey,

Sure nice to have you, and all the other newcomers, on board.

I am one of the old folk that Liz referred to. I may be the oldest (60), don't know for sure.

This is a great board, with all ages of people getting along, learning and teaching, and having fun all at the same time.

Check out the arcade, the cafe', and all the great places to hang out.

God bless everyone.

Hello Kasey, welcome to the only forum you'll ever need...i mean for a laugh or too...hehehe...and sometimes we're serious, especially in those dark, my computer is making me mad stages...hehehe...

Enjoy your time here...we all are a lot of good peeps on the prowl...

Me, Me, Me...

- Open Source software advocate (*cough* junkie)

- advertising bunny by day-job

- freelance writer when I feel like it

- freelance computer work when I can get it

- encryption junkie

- super-volunteer (somewhere around 250 hours a month)

- student (headed to Angelo State U in the fall, CS major)

- activist, education reform and equal rights

- likes country, soul, oldies, rock, jazz, blues, lounge

- into jazz dance and ballet

- speaks German as a second language :)

- date-curious, not looking to get hitched anytime soon

- takes care of her mother

- lives on a military base (Fort Hood, TX)

- originally from Chicago, IL

That's enough me ;)

I can't say my life is that well rounded :-)

Edited by shanenin

Hmmm about me: ;)

Well I have worked for the federal government for 7 years in the province of Alberta, Canada.

My job title is WFE tech meaning (Water, fuel, environmental tech)

Been into comps for about 10 years learning not much about anything, other than spyware and virus removal.

spend about 6-8 hrs a day in the front of this comp and work on a spyware help board, which will remain nameless as long as i post here.

Thats it in a nutshell :D

Well I have worked for the federal government for 7 years

YIPES!! :blink: i wasn't on the computer, that would be baaad. -_-

in the province of Alberta, Canada.

Ohhh Canada! ok i'm safe it's just Canada or at least i think i'm not on Canada's list. ^_^

welcome to BestTechie! :D

Well I have worked for the federal government for 7 years in the province of Alberta, Canada.

My job title is WFE tech meaning (Water, fuel, environmental tech)

Been into comps for about 10 years learning not much about anything, other than spyware and virus removal.

spend about 6-8 hrs a day in the front of this comp and work on a spyware help board, which will remain nameless as long as i post here.

Thats it in a nutshell :D

:DHi John L ,

welcome to BestTechie!

animtose.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Hi jsbowen,

I'm sorry I didn't welcome you to BT yesterday--but, Welcome!!! I recognize you from G4 (I just lurk there) and remember you to be very nice and helpful!! Glad you joined. Look around, visit the arcades for fun and the Cafe when tech makes your head hurt :) Hope to hear more from you.

Liz

Thought I'd drop in and see what all the fuss is about :D

Good to see alot of familiar folks.

I'm debating over whether to make this a humorous reply or a serious one. I'll have to think about it.

indeed. But you are among friend, why not make us laugh?

Hello Jose!

Nice to meet you and welcome!! I've only been to BT's IRC chat once when we were having trouble and needed some "immediate help"--that place is too fast paced to a noob like me :) but they sure have fun in there!! Hope to hear a lot more from you--this is the nicest place on the Net, so sit back, kick your feet up in the Cafe, play in the arcades and have some fun! :) And I've also read some Hijack Logs, (and I hope I never, ever need to do a hijackthis....) you folks are Godsends! Thank you!

Waves back at you!

Liz

PS to Sultan--do humorous--you're a master at humor and I love to laugh!

Thought I'd drop in and see what all the fuss is about :D

Good to see alot of familiar folks.

Gee I wonder which fuss you are referring to, the odd rant, or the raves? :rolleyes:

Hopefully it was the 'we love this board' raves that brought you over to the good boards!!!

Welcome to you, and to Jose, and all the other newcomers!!! Glad to have you all join us.

God bless everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I've just joined.

Didn't even have to put onnet on my screen name.

I know many of you from "over there" and 5starsupport so I figured you wouldn't mind one more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the fourms, I'm sure you'll love it here! If you get a chance, check out the chat (a link is in the upper right corner)

Matt