About U?

Hello, I've just joined.

Didn't even have to put onnet on my screen name.

I know many of you from "over there" and 5starsupport so I figured you wouldn't mind one more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the fourms, I'm sure you'll love it here! If you get a chance, check out the chat (a link is in the upper right corner)

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for the lookout Matt, but I don't use chat other than IM with freinds and family.

My hands are too busted up and the arthritus chews on me so on most days I type with one or two fingers. Much too slow for chat.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, tjet!

This is a great place to be with the nicest folks around! I feel like I already know you from "the other place"--I lurked there before it got 'crazy', this is the only place I joined. I don't blame you for not going into chat, I went there once for immediate help (thanks again, Jeff) but that place was too fast paced for my non-techy mind :) Heh, I'll leave chat for teenaged Son!! In the meantime, visit the forums, have a coffee at the cafe and get a laugh at the comedy club! Hope to hear a lot more from you.

Liz

Hello, I've just joined.

Didn't even have to put onnet on my screen name.

I know many of you from "over there" and 5starsupport so I figured you wouldn't mind one more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the fourms, I'm sure you'll love it here! If you get a chance, check out the chat (a link is in the upper right corner)

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for the lookout Matt, but I don't use chat other than IM with freinds and family.

My hands are too busted up and the arthritus chews on me so on most days I type with one or two fingers. Much too slow for chat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to see you over here, best boards around.

Have you ever tried MSM for arthritis pain? It is a natural sulfur substance, developed by Dr Stanley Jacobs at the Oregon Health Sciences University Hospital (med school here in Portland Oregon). Dr Jacobs was the developer of DMSO, and then did more research to get an even better product from it, and came up with MSM. It works great for common muscle aches and pains, and lots more serious arthritic pain. Health food stores have it, though we buy it from Swanson Vitamins.

Here is a link to their reference page about it.

MSM info

They have a great book, by Dr Jacobs, about it too, but I can't find it on their website. In fact I don't like the website at all for finding what I want but that may just be me. Anyhow I always get their catalogs. If you want a catalog, just call 1-800-437-4148 (the number on my latest catalog. I have never had any problems with any product, or order, from them over the years.

Anyhow it is worth a try to see if a natural product will help with pain and stiffness.

We use it, and it even helps with garden work stiffness and soreness. Also have gotten people with arthritis to use it and it helps them reduce their pain drugs. It is also good for anyone wanting better condition hair or nails too.

God bless everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Kristy, and I'm 16, going to be 17 in september, and going to be a senior in high school then too, yes! I have 12 animals. So I'm pretty much an animal lover. I used to want to be a vet., then I wanted to be a meteorologist, then a fashion designer, but now I've decided that I want to do something with computers, and I don't plan on changing my mind this time. However I do volunteer at an animal hospital with a friend.

If you want to know anything else, just ask!

~Kristy

Edited by Rustymilo

Glad to meet you, Kristy! You will love your Senior year in HS, you're the top dog!! Make the most of it (well, don't get suspended or anything ;) ). And keep that career decision open till you're in your Sophmore year in college, don't lock into anything in case you change your mind (believe me, you might!), the first two years are supposed to be for basic stuff, like English 101, anyways!

Hope to hear a lot more from you :thumbsup:

Liz

• 5 weeks later...
Thank you thesidekickcat, I will look into it.

The pills the Dr. had me on were one of the ones taken off the market and I have been alternating between Tylenol and aspirin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at the beauty shop the other day waiting to get my haircut so was reading their magazines. Found an article in the July 12, 05 issue of Family Circle that you might be interested in. It was about "surprising remedies from your spice rack" titled "Can Oregano prevent cancer?" pg77 (also oregano seems to be good at fighting staph infections in mice as well as vancomycin with it's antibiotic and antifungal properties, for anyone needing that info).

But the reason I am writing this to you tjet, is that the spice Ginger is suppossed to be almost as good as Celebrex and Viox for arthritis pain. 255 miligrams twice a day. So you might like to give Ginger a try. It is a good anti-nausea and anti-seasickness pill too. Hubby uses it when necessary for motion sickness. Available in nutrition supplement stores, or sections of stores.

If anyone is interested in the original article, I tried the Family Circle webpage, only lists current issue stuff with no search of archives unfortunately. So try to find a copy at library, or medical office racks, or like I did at the beauty shop. The other spice I found interesting in article was cinnamon to regulate blood sugar for diabetics, and to help prevent it. I had read this elsewhere and sporatically sprinkled it on my cold cereal, but now am doing it every day. Seems to be a good curb to appetite and sweet cravings too, at least from my experience.

So hope this info is of use to you tjet, and to others too.

P.S. Welcome Kristy!!! Enjoy senior year, and yes leave your options of career open. I have read articles that talk about having many different career choices throughout your life, not like my generation and older that planned to do just one thing all their lives. Get involved in many different areas as volunteer, or interning, to see how you "fit" with that job. Looks good on job or college applications too, to have lots of voluteer experience.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Thank you for the lookout thesidekickcat, I found out I had diabetes this spring and was told about cinnamon by my nutrition counselor.

I am growing Greek oregano in my garden this year because of it is more pungent.

I am doing a lot of stir-fry for healthy eating and use a lot of ginger ( I would recommend grinding your own over the dried).

Two spices not mentioned with health benefits are garlic and thyme.

Also: hello Kristy, I hope you will excuse us oldsters and our problems. :)

This Oldster's butting in too :thumbsup: (Hi again, Kristy! Listen up, its good stuff for young'uns, too. :) )

A couple more ways to get those spices in the diet--

When I was in Denmark, they rarely ate cold cereal for breakfast, but when they did, they had a jar of uncooked oatmeal and cinnamon mixed together and put a teaspoon or two on top of their cereal. It is DELICIOUS, especially on corn flakes and of course, cheerios. I've been doing that ever since, for the oats, but never knew the benefit the cinnamon could have!

And adding ginger to sweet potatoes/yams is something I experimented with (heh, I don't even like sweet potatoes, it just seemed to smell good with cinnamon!) and everyone who has tried them likes them--gives a little extra kick.

Liz

Hey, a thread I wouldn't have found succeeding at you know where! :)

I'll be straightfoward.

I am a very complex person who has experienced a lot, so this is not a full story about who I am (Well, I had to be honest).

I am 19 years old, and a student at the University of North Dakota. I am a History major who is working at a Special Education minor (The ED Dpt. has requirements that I must complete). I will hopefully in the next half decade or less become a High School History Teacher. During that time period, I will slowly, but surely work my way up to PhD. I also want to be a mental health advocate, due to my childhood and current situation, and actual diagnosis.

This means, like my mother before me, I will do my best to piss off the school administration and the local and state governments who typically stand in the way of progress for those with mental health needs.

Ok, that is all I will be saying on this thread. I am not closed to further discussion elsewhere, as some from other forums may know.

Not much to know about me, I'm 25, going to college for Information Analysis, I have a job lined up already, either as R&D or I.T. I'm very into gaming, we always have at least 4 gaming machines ready to go at any time at my house, we lan all the time. We also have almost every major console hooked to a 60inch tv. (Every Nintendo from NES to Gamecube, Xbox(slightly modded), and PS2.) I post alot right now, but college starts up in 2 weeks, so I wont have any time after that. I have my Networking+ cert already, and getting my A+ next. I'm really looking forward to getting my Linux cert, seems like companies are grabbing Linux operators up latley. I am really not looking forward to Cisco classes, but what can ya do.

Male

age 38 (will be tomorrow)

ex-cop of a small alabama town. I quit moved back to my home town Nashville TN. now outside Nashville in LaVergne, TN (Try calling for backup when half the roads have no names and the money was crap)

Now employed as a Finished graphics operator for the Berry Company (bellsouth Yellow Pages)

married 11 years

Father of 6 children (2 in college Belmont and TSU)

Graduate Faith Is The Victory Bible School (grueling 2 years and I loved it all)

don't ask how I ended up in Bama for 2years (2year was the full extent of my Police career not including academy time, my heart was not in it)

I just turned 20, although I feel 16. Born In the U.S. then when I was 9 I was sent to a boarding school in Ireland, my mothers alma mater. Dropped out of school when I was 17, moved back to the states, and got my EMT certification. Currently I am working as a paramedic and going to going to Emory Universitie; although I plan to transfer to Wake Forest in december. :D

And I agree Fiddy, this thread would never work in "that place". ;)

hopped over from that "other" site ;)

I live in canada with my husband and 4 kids. I've done home daycare for 14 years. My passion is cross stitching (for which I use the computer ALOT!) and I moderate a cross stitch board elsewhere on the web for the last 7 years. I love cats and angels and the colour purple, not necessarily in that order. I just got a brand new computer upgrading from win98 with 4GB to XP and 80GB so I'm still in speed and storage shock ;) Thanks for the message and so glad I found you all over here :)

Wow! What great biographies and so varied, too. Welcome to Besttechies, where threads like this DO work, isn't that amazing??? And I think I can speak for Jeff that there is plenty of room for all of you :)

Sounds like Fiddy's a bit of a rebel (I am too....on the inside :thumbsup: ), Nefrai is well on the way to a career (we still have SNES--Son has had many offers to sell it but he likes the cartoony look!), Rhema, hope you had a great birthday (6 kids???) Sublim, I would love to go to Ireland and am appointing you the BT paramedic--keep an eye on the Pub. Velda, I did daycare, too--best way to be a "stay at home" when you need two incomes--I admire you for doing it for so long!! The kids are great, but the parents sometimes.....you know!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

Liz

I was a rock and roll drummer for 25 years (I got stories but not gonna tell em here, this place is too nice). In my double life I ran a delivery service and owned an ice cream store and an antique store. My favorite job was driving around the Hawaiian islands checking cell phone tower signals. Yes I got paid to drive around in Hawaii (thank you God for that one). I am now back in my home town looking after my elderly mom and helping locals with their comps. It's boring as could be. I haven't posted on any forums for about a year, but I really like this place, thanks Jeff from another Jeff.

Edit: I was on the old boards (TTV) for about 2 1/2 years. Lasted about 2 1/2 months at G4.

Hi, i'm Kyle, 15 years old :blink:. <3 Soccer, i've been playing it scince I was 4, I play it all year round, indoor and outdoor :P. I want to have some type of job that includes computers as my career. So I want to learn as much as I can! :lol: