About U?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, everyone..to all my friends, and to new ones yet to be made!

My name is Kathie, but let's not call me that. Kat will do nicely. I'm 33 years old, single (and staying that way!), with two gorgeous daughters who are 15 and 9. I currently work as the Senior Manager for three large apartment complexes in my area. This is totally different from what I normally have done, and I love it!

Up until this summer, I was the General Manager/Comptroller of a Playground Equipment manufacturing company. Very stressful job, but I loved it. I had a bout with kidney cancer early this summer, and had a Radical Nephrectomy. I took stock of my life, and moved the girls and I to my mom's house while I was recovering. I left my job entirely at the end of the summer, and began the search for a new house and new job! Early in November, my remaining kidney decided to play a game of "let's not work properly" and I had to deal with that. As of today, I'm healthy again and things look great!

Hmm. I love computers, music, reading..camping, fishing and just relaxing. I live in Central IL, where the snow keeps trying to pile up already this year!

Thanks, Jeff, for bringing me here...and for sticking by me! Love ya!

My name is Kathie, but let's not call me that. Kat will do nicely. I'm 33 years old, single (and staying that way!), with two gorgeous daughters who are 15 and 9. I currently work as the Senior Manager for three large apartment complexes in my area. This is totally different from what I normally have done, and I love it!

Up until this summer, I was the General Manager/Comptroller of a Playground Equipment manufacturing company. Very stressful job, but I loved it. I had a bout with kidney cancer early this summer, and had a Radical Nephrectomy. I took stock of my life, and moved the girls and I to my mom's house while I was recovering. I left my job entirely at the end of the summer, and began the search for a new house and new job! Early in November, my remaining kidney decided to play a game of "let's not work properly" and I had to deal with that. As of today, I'm healthy again and things look great!

Hmm. I love computers, music, reading..camping, fishing and just relaxing. I live in Central IL, where the snow keeps trying to pile up already this year!

Hi Kat,

I'm kinda new hear, but sounds like the vets know you.....sorry about the medical problems you've had and am glad to hear that you are doing so well now...Take care and hope to read more from you!!

:D

Hi Kat,

I'm kinda new hear, but sounds like the vets know you.....sorry about the medical problems you've had and am glad to hear that you are doing so well now...Take care and hope to read more from you!!

:D

Thanks, Darren! I've been around the various spyware sites since early this year, and *live* in the chat rooms! ;) So yeah, I know a lot of the guys already.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Kat

Married 47 years - three grown up kids - 8 grandkids and one Great grandkid. Retired and live in British Columbia. Canada. As old as I am I still feel that I should learn something new everyday. Make furniture, clocks and all sorts of woodwork projects in my spare time during the cooler months. Have a large garden so grow most of the fruit and vegetables we need during the Summer months.

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Alright - here we go:

14 (almost 15 :P ) years in this fine world. Lived 11 years of my life in Virgina; currently residing in Soutwest Ohio with my mother (father still in VA). Spend Winter and Summer vacation in Virgina (like right now). As much as I hate to brag about my self (unless I'm in #besttechie chat) I'm an A student in school. I first got into computers when I was like 4 years old as I watched my father boot his Windows 3.1, and I couldn't figure out what the Windows logo did. (lol) Name: Matt - duh. Ummm... let's see, hobies include: Computers, basketball, PS2, and I guess hanging out with my friends. I play the Alto Sax. I know HTML, some Javascript, and learning C++. Parents been stressing me out lately about how I have to get into community service if I want to get into a good college. I have 4 siblings, none of which are of blood relation. (an adopted sister, a step brother, an adopted step brother, and an adopted step sister). My mother is remarried, and..... I'm running out of things to say. Favorite sports teams:

Football: Buffalo Bills

Basketball: New Orleans Hornets

Yeah, well that's about it. Great exciting life I got going eh? lol

M@

• 4 weeks later...

From the looks of it I guess this is where I start....?

Ok I'm in NC, USA, 51, with one daughter and one son. My daughter has 3 children, Cohen, Allyssa, and Ryan, and lives in the next county. My son, a Staff Sergeant in the US Marines, just got back from Iraq a few months ago. He's married to a Navy girl and they have a son, Connor, who is my youngest grandbaby. I hadn't seen him since 1998 when he was deployed last year, so when he came home (Thank the Lord!) he visited home for about a week. It was a wonderful thing, to see my son safely home after not seeing him for so long, meeting my new daughter-in-law for the first time and seeing my newest grandson for the first time. It was awesome!

And to the Viet Vets I've seen post here, I want to say a deeply felt and sincere THANK YOU for the service you gave our country. I make it a point to thank every veteran, especially those of that era (since I came of age during that time). If you saw me in person, you wouldn't think I was a hawk, but I am. But I'll leave that right there.

Been interested in computers for a long time. When I got my gateway, it was like Christmas for me! And that is not a joke. Been online since 2002 and have loved it all....well except for the crap that got on it before I found out about spyware and all that. Am now in the Boot Camp at SWI and working on forming a non-profit geared toward helping those whose pc's have been compromised by that scumware.

Slightly unemployed right now, as I've been laid off for about 2 weeks. But even with that, things have been better for me now, than in the past several years. The Lord has blessed me with many things and though there are still some rough roads, it's all still good. And I thank him every day for them.

Had heard about this place, but hadn't visited til I was in a chatroom with some of the members here, mainly cowsgonemadd3 who sent me to the room and where I was welcomed warmly. Contrast that to another chat I went to at another forum, which shall remain nameless, where I was booted out without any warning. I wasn't doing anything, just trying to see what it all was and no one said I shouldn't be there, then wham! I was out :blink: That really made me feel bad, so I hadn't even tried another chat (except for one my sis has at her msn group site once). Today was a really big difference and I was not made to feel unwanted or stupid. Thank you, those of you who were there and talked to me! :D

Well, enough of that, I guess. I'll be around :)

Deb

Hello, MadameX.

Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you here.

I know, that there's no one here that's going to make you feel unwanted, or stupid.

We're all here to learn what we can, and then pass on that information.

We all started off knowing, nothing.

Enjoy your stay, and remember, the only stupid question, is the one not asked.

Welcome MadameX, to these peaceful boards. I hope you will like it here. We all sure do!!! And we are always glad to see new members.

I love your cat in the paperbag avatar!!! My cat loves her grocery bag way to much, as she bites it and tears it up, crushes it and defies anyone trying to take it away from her. So we have to wait to change it out for a new one when she is sound asleep in a sunspot somewhere, or on the bed with the electric blanket on.

Nah...we don't spoil her....yeah right. :rolleyes:

You are one up on me in regards to chatrooms. I have never been to one, or even really ever wanted to yet. I haven't a clue about them, though that usually doesn't stop me from gabbing someplace or other, but prefer the regular boards for now. Ha!

God bless everyone.

Well since I have been pointed in the right direction for my intro post, I will tell all of you a little about myself.

I am 32 in SE Houston TX.

I was a proud member of the Tech TV boards (under the same name) until the merger. Now, I just can not find myself to be a member over there. Don't get me wrong, I love games, as it is just...different.

Currently, I am a Global moderator of Bleeping Computer.com. My signature will reflect a link soon.

I am using a modified E-Machine running dual monitors, with a cable internet connection. For months, I have been meaning to add a few more monitors, but it will come sometime this year.

Welcome to all that have come in since my last appearance. feel free to ask any questions and enjoy your stay.

Macmaurder, don't worry your secret is safe with us, especially when you realize that I am a talking dragon. as if you couldn't tell by my avatar and sig.

Everyone enjoy your stay and don't be strangers. or don't be stranger then you already are :)