A Good Program To Rip Music Cds And Encode

I am running 2.6.7 . I need an older version of alsa for my sound to work. 2.6.8 or 2.6.9 or higher have a newer verions of alsa. Also the verison of alsa in portage in also to new.

The funny thing is, for a a few minutes I managed to get alsa to work with a newer kernel, but screwed it up and could not get it to work again. I struggled for about three days , then gave up. I used alsa which was included with my 2.6.7 kernel source and had no problems making it work

pythonrip-0.2 is coming along nice. I am adding some features, one of the best is a simple config file. It will allow you to set stuff like output directory, use mp3 or ogg, and bitrate. If the config file is set you just have to put in your disc and run the command pythonrip. It does not get any simpler. If the user does not set up his config, it will ask you a few simple questions before proceding.

I also added user input to help decide on the proper cd to choose. On occasion the CDDB data base will come up with conflicting choices. Below is the output of my NIN fixed cd

################################################################################
The CDDB database returned conflicting data on your cd, please choose which
title is the correct one. Enter the number of the correct title and press return
1. Nine Inch Nails / Fixed
2. Nine Inch Nails / Fixed EP
3. None of the above
>