Can you have two antivirus programs.

I'm using a Dell PC using Windows 7 Home.. I just made a purchase at Best Buy's, nothing to do with a  computer.  They offered weeboot and said it was an excellent program to use.  I am using Norton now, can you have two anti virus  programs on your computer.

Howdy hpg3, no most antivirus do not play together nicely ! Some will even report the other as a virus ! Norton is a far better antivirus than weeboot but Norton is also a resource hog ! Why are you still using W7 when a lot of the programs will not have support like drivers & some will stop working altogether ??? You can get a free Windows 10 install if your computer will run it !!

Chuck

The other program I was looking at was Webroot from Best buy. They gave it to me when we purchased new washer and dryer.  They said it could run together with my Norton.

My Dell is 11 years old and i will soon gt a new one.

hpg3, so says weboot that Webroot and Norton don't interfere with each other. There is no system slowdown and the system is just slightly slower as if using Norton alone (of course the lightest config is using Webroot only). ... Webroot and Norton play very nice together. No interaction or issues have been encountered Webroot is competitive, but Norton is the better choice as it offers more security-enhancing features and utilities in its security products. Also, independent tests prove that Norton is better than Webroot in terms of both malware detection and the impact on system performance.

So in my opinion if you google up running 2 antivirus and see what you get, most say 2 antivirus do not play well together !

So it's your choice !!

Chuck