flashh4 - Can you please help me?

Hi there! I came across this forum when trying to find out what is lurking on my PC even after attempted 'clean' installs.  I saw flashh4's post about how even a malware removal tech can get infected and he sounds like a decent person (not a know-it-all and everyone-else-is-dumb type) :)

I am wondering if there is a way I could get your help please? It COULD be that this is just how Windows 10 is now, but I really have a feeling something else is going on.  Like virtual network adapters, VERY high data usage. (Regular family of 5 with 3 laptops, an xbox, fireTV, a desktop and 3 iphones - to me that seems 'normal' but we've consistently blown through 1TB of data by mid-month and have had to pay $$$ to xfinity for it). Anyway, there are TONS of processes/services running constantly but I've read that's just how WIN10 is...it's supposedly more secure to have apps running separate svcs or something like that? I don't know, that's Greek to me, but I'm hopeful you can please help me. Please let me know if there are any logs or things I can send you or upload somewhere for review. Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Becky

I can be reached at the .com here (without spaces) z a c h a n d b e c k y @ m s n 

(I hope that is OK, I am not sure how else I'll know if there is a reply? Thanks again anyway!)  :)

Hey RBXTER, My name is flashh4 (Chuck) and i will be assisting you with the cleaning of your computer & to see if we might find the answer to your problem !

Run these 1 at a time & post each log as you get it ! Work them as your time permits you to !!

If you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding !!! You can PM me if you need to !!

Perform all actions in the order given.

Please stay with us until we give you the "All Clean Speech"! Just because the problem has stopped it may still need some clean-up !  

Do Not Remove anything or run any tools/programs until advised to do so !

Please note that all instructions given are customized for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.  

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.  

1st we need to make sure you are not infected with something so let's start by running a few programs !

======================

Download and run AdwCleaner

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop. >>> https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan Now
when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean and Repair
if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
on reboot, click on View Log File; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.

===================================================

Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

You may have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed but if not, you can download it from here: >>> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
run the program
click on the ‘Dashboard’ to make sure everything is up to date, (it is not necessary to upgrade to the premium version of MBAM)
click on the ‘Scan’ tab, (directly below the Dashboard tab)
select the Threat Scan option
slick the Scan Now button
Threat Scan will begin
when the scan has completed and if malware was found, click the Quarantine Selected button to allow MBAM to quarantine what was found
if prompted to restart the computer, close all other programs and click Yes to restart your computer
once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more
click on the ‘Reports’ tab
double-click on the most recent Scan Report
click on Export, then Copy to Clipboard
Logs to include with the next post:

AdwCleaner log
Mbam.txt

====================================

Post the logs from these program by copy & paste them into this topic of yours. Then i will have more for you afterwards !!

Thanks

Chuck

I check in here anywhere up to 5 times a day most days !