Cherokee Chief AKA Dana Turner

Not sure how many people from the old days still stop in.
Dana Turner AKA Cherokee Chief is in the hospital with brain cancer.
His condition is deteriorating and they are moving him to a nursing home for hospice care
He will be missed. He was a good friend and fought the good fight.
Shannon posted this update
"

I spoke with Dana today. His hospice ase manager used her phone. He no longer k ows how to work his phone. He was telling me about cookie monster. And that he had been playing dodgeball. I asked him if he was winning and he said no. He was very perky and sounded happy in his own way. He had some chocolate pudding
But upchucked it, he said. I said so you barfed? He said yeah, I barfed a lot! He even giggled a bit. Mom was then able to talk to him. He agreed that he does love red or orange jello too. He is not the same Dana, but we played along. And that made him happy. Our goal is for comfort and no pain.
Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts.

Sorry to read this about an old friend, you are thought of often & will be missed ! I wish i had kept the emails you had sent me, some were funny ! May your journey be easly from here on !

Chuck

Thanks Pete for the info on Dana !

I am very sorry to hear about Dana. This is compounded by the fact that I did not keep in touch with him over the years.

Acts 24:15

And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

So many of us have passed and so few from the old days are left.

I stay in touch with Mlegg , Tjet, and Jeff and Chappy on Facebook...(maybe a couple I forget, this getting old is hell).
Dana's death was unexpected.  He went to the doctor to see about some weakness and instablilty and got diagnosed with tumor in his brain.
Got radiation / surgery and was going to start chemo when he had stroke like complications and was admitted to hospital. He had a couple brief days where he managed to post and contact friends, before he rapidly declined.
At least he was with with friends and family and knew they loved him.

Pete, he told me one time he was diagnosed with "Agent Orange" had he ever discussed that with you ? Just wondering if that was behind the tumor ? I saw it being used from a distance but not close enough to have been infected or so the VA doctors have said ! Be Safe Pete !!

Chuck

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...