The State Of Windows

vis·ta

n.

1. A distant view or prospect, especially one seen through an opening, as between rows of buildings or trees.

2. An avenue or other passage affording such a view.

2. An awareness of a range of time, events, or subjects; a broad mental view: “the deep and sweeping vistas these pioneering critics opened up†(Arthur C. Danto).

Hmmm, a distant view or prospect......why does that seem like a really dumb name, unless the product isn't quite what they wanted to put out....sounds like they'll release an "unfinished product" with a bunch of bugs, I mean features to be fixed in the distant future. <_<

Anyone know when it's coming out? If we ever get another idiot box, I want to get it before this new thing comes out. XP works....usually.

Liz

Hmmm, a distant view or prospect......why does that seem like a really dumb name, unless the product isn't quite what they wanted to put out....sounds like they'll release an "unfinished product" with a bunch of bugs, I mean features to be fixed in the distant future. <_<

Anyone know when it's coming out?  If we ever get another idiot box, I want to get it before this new thing comes out.  XP works....usually.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Microsoft says "Late Next YEar".

Sooo, itll come out sometime between Christmas and the next decade.

vis·ta 

n.

1. A distant view or prospect, especially one seen through an opening, as between rows of buildings or trees.

2. An avenue or other passage affording such a view.

2. An awareness of a range of time, events, or subjects; a broad mental view: “the deep and sweeping vistas these pioneering critics opened up†(Arthur C. Danto).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think BB is on track here.

Scenic VISTA as seen through a "Window". :blink:

The word is in. Windows Vista (previously Longhorn) is the next version of windows.

What kinda name is that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, you answered your own question in chat :lol:

Jul 24 13:37:53<VI> Vista == Viruses, Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware
The word is in. Windows Vista (previously Longhorn) is the next version of windows.

What kinda name is that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL

YUP

Mike

What kinda name is that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL

YUP

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm sorry i know that the mac guy shouldn't laugh but

HA HA AH A AHA AHAH HAH A!

and they're getting sewed already. ha ha ha ha.

i think that they were better off with long horn anyways. maybe they could try the whole truth in advertising thing and just call it broken windows.

Huh ! I know I won't be going out to get it. I will stick with my XP.

Watch it turn out to be like another, M.E. OS.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you, man!

I've got one windows box at home, I've got windows XP Pro with SP2 working well........so far. I see no reason to upgrade. Vista windows? I liked Longhorn better. :D

Huh ! I know I won't be going out to get it. I will stick with my XP.

Watch it turn out to be like another, M.E. OS.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know other people go to jail over this kind of extortion. M$ just keeps getting richer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, well said, my friend! That's one of the many reasons why you and I like our varieties of Unix :D

I do have one windows box that my daughter uses. I don't want to offend anyone running Windows.

Well, they're not being sued....yet, the actual trademark name will be "Windows Vista" using the 2 words together, so that should defer some potential lawsuits.

The owner of Vista.com is only thinking about the potential trademark infringements right now and not actually persuing any legal actions.

How about rip-off? I'm telling you this better be good. *AND* complete, meaning without SP's forever........

That will NEVER happen, these things are far too complex not to have some areas that need to be upgraded, or have holes plugged.

Almost ALL software needs updates after release, look at just about anything you download. Even our most trusted programs need updates and they're nowhere near the complexity of an entire Windows OS, so service packs will remain a fact of life.

(time to stick my neck out....):)

I don't mind service packs really, at least it shows that the company is actively working on making the product more secure and stable. It's programs that are released and forgotten about that you have to worry about.

While its fun to "Bash Microsoft", we really have to think about where the world of the personal PC's would be without them.

Even the Linux users have allot to thank MS for, it was the anti-MS users who developed Unix, and the advent of the GUI based OS was developed by MS, which makes this thing easier for all to use.

I'm not condoning many of MS's business practices, but I do recognize what they've done for us and the paths that they've developed.

in all honesty i think that Vista.com suing is just a stupid waste of time and unfair to M$. Vista.com reminds me of a gold digger, they're just wanting money if they continue. it's not like anybody is going to confuse the two companies. and yes no software is perfect and will always need updates and patches. the real problem is that M$ is a money grubbers. they try to squeeze out every dollar for as little work as possible and we as consumers just keep buying windows even though they have such a low standard of quality control. they do just enough work to windows to keep us happy and no more.

so should we get the guillotine for chappy :D naaaaahhhh we don't want to loose chappy.

in all honesty i think that Vista.com suing is just a stupid waste of time and unfair to M$. Vista.com reminds me of a gold digger, they're just wanting money if they continue. it's not like anybody is going to confuse the two companies. and yes no software is perfect and will always need updates and patches. the real problem is that M$ is a money grubbers. they try to squeeze out every dollar for as little work as possible and we as consumers just keep buying windows even though they have such a low standard of quality control. they do just enough work to windows to keep us happy and no more.

so should we get the guillotine for chappy :D naaaaahhhh we don't want to loose chappy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said, my man!

Chappy makes some excellent points. It is impossible to have any OS (M$, Unix/Linux, OS X) complete and perfect because hackers, weirdos are always looking for ways to break and or compromise things. I'm generally happy with the way that M$ provides security patches, upgrades for my XP Pro box. However, M$ does on occasion take a bit too long to issue patches.