how do I get a black screen

I just uninstalled Incredimail  and the instructions on how to get rid of all files after the uninstall are reboot and then enter C:\program files\incredimail.  Then delete the folder.   I forgot how to get to the black screen to enter this.

Gotchya ! That is now the Command Prompt !! You may have to make yourself the Admin. to make any changes but you may already be ??

One of the quickest ways to launch the Command Prompt, in any modern version of Windows, is to use the Run window. A fast way to launch this window is to press the Win + R keys on your keyboard. Then, type cmd or cmd.exe and press Enter or click/tap OK.

Chuck

Chuck.  thanks, I did get to the small black screen and typed the command on the directions shown below. .  It keeps saying comand not recognized .

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  

1. Click the Windows 'Start' menu, then click 'Control Panel'.
  2. Click 'Add or Remove Programs'.
  3. Select 'IncrediMail'.
  4. Click 'Remove'.
  5. Once the uninstall is complete, restart your computer.
  6. Go to C:\Program Files\IncrediMail.
  7. Delete the 'bin' folder to completely remove IncrediMail from your computer.

You prob are not set as Admin ....... In the (black screen) elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below, press Enter, this should set you as Admin ! Watch the Spaces below especially after Administrator and before the /active:yes !!

arrow.png net user Administrator /active:yes

Then try your Steps above !!

Chuck

Chuck, thanks but I tried several times and it won't open.  C did copy and paste Administrator /active:yes  and changed some of the spaces but still no luck.   keeps saying Windows  can't find Administrator   My wife and I are just leaving for a trip and I'll be back on Saturday. PC  running Windows 7 home

Ok try this when you get back & have fun !!

Step

Step

Click "Start | Control Panel | User Accounts | User Accounts | Manage User Accounts."

Step

Type your current password or provide confirmation if prompted by the User Account Control dialog.

Step

Note your account type under the Group column, shown on the same row as your Windows user name. If the account type is marked as "Administrator," your account already has administrative privileges and you do not need to use the built-in, default account.

Or this >>> https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/783-elevated-command-prompt.html

hpg3 .....  lets see if i have this straight ! You had Incredimail installed and you deleted it & now you want to remove all files & folders (everything) connected to it deleted ??? Is that what you want to do ??

Chuck

Yes.  I read some info on deleting Incredimail and it states that after you delete the program a file in the system will not delete. it's there if you change your mind and reinstall Incredimail.  It contains all of your contacts and all emails. Iit's really not a big deal to delete it, so I could just leave it there if I would choose to reinstall the program.   I think of all of the email programs available, this one is the simplest one to use. The only reason I got rid of it is because it was a 3rd party with Verizon.  when Verizon dropped the email service, I had nothing but trouble getting it to work with AOL.  I now use gmail as my primary email.

I will start you a topic in "Malware Removal" and i can clean everything of "Incredimail" out of your computer ! So head over to Malware Removal & lets see what we can do !!

Chuck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...