Hobby designer making money on the side - is this taxable?

Hi. I'm a full time college student and work part time (weekends, some weekday evenings). To make a little extra on the side during my spare time I do designs for websites, commissioned art and other things in my spare time. My job makes me around £700 a month, and on a good (well paid) month my designs will make around £300-400, with occasional website development jobs paying a bit more. Added all together this tax calculator says I am very close to being taxed - should I be worrying about this? Do I need to declare the designs/web stuff as income? Hoping someone here has done something similar on the side and knows what I should do :)

Thanks!

Howdy LibbyLeach, not to worry if you are paid in cash !! The standard Personal Allowance is £11,500. If you earn less than this, you shouldn't have to pay any Income Tax. But to make sure contact a tax return person near you, they will answer your questions !!

Good Luck

Chuck

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...