You'r Getting Sleeeeepy, Verrrrry Sleeeeeeeeeeepy

Same here, mac.

I average 3 to 5 hrs.

Usually in bed by 3AM, up by 6:30AM.

I find, that if I get more than that, I don't feel as good the rest of the day.

And I thought, I was the only one like that. :)

On average about 4-5 hours. I do not like wasting any time. Now weather, or not, I use my time well. The vote is still out on that. :blink:

About once a month, I will sleep for 10 to 12 hours. My body's way of catching up I guess.

Well, I need more sleep than I actually get, and more of it at a time too.

My problem tho is because of a peripheral neuropathy caused by diabetes that causes excrutiating pain in my feet and legs.

The condition is worse at night and that is the same for most PN sufferers, so sleep is something we all lack.

It's been better now with the narcotic pain killers added to the 5000mg's of neurontin that I take daily (yes..thats thousand, not a typo), but I still only sleep around 3 hrs at a time and usually a max of 5 or 6 hrs total. I take about 112mg's of Dilaudid a day (the narcotic) which keeps it under control somewhat, but for some flareups, there aren't enough pills in the world to stop it.

I try to get 6-8 hours of sleep, but, I usually wake up in the middle of the night at least once, I'm a light sleeper.

I don't need to worry about sleeping in as I have a 35 pound alarm clock (my 2 year old daughter :D )

I sometimes take a nap on the weekend or early evening to catch up on my sleep.

I need at least 7 hours, or I get cranky :) Like Macmarauder, I get caught up in a project and end up staying up too late and I'm no good at sleeping in. I feel like I "wasted my day" if I sleep til 10.

Liz

5 to 6 hrs. is good.....

5a.m. to 6a.m. is my wake up time no matter what time I turn in the night before. Wish I could sleep in longer but it seems to be a habit over the years. Although 5a.m. is my favorite time of the day in the summer... :D

Bleh! If I don't get 6 or 7 I'm useless... Sometimes I wake at nite and can't get back to sleep.. Ruins my whole next day.

For those of you over 40 try Melatonin.. It's a great sleep aid I found when I had to get to sleep at 7PM while it was still light out.

LINKY

I need at least 7 hours, or I get cranky :)  Like Macmarauder, I get caught up in a project and end up staying up too late and I'm no good at sleeping in.  I feel like I "wasted my day" if I sleep til 10.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you there Liz.

Although I've been getting plenty of sleep, I've still been extrememly exaughsted lately. I'm 22, but have no energy. How messed up is that? After three days in a row of falling asleep at work, I finally made a dr's appointment for this afternoon. I need to have yet another discussion with my dr about my fatigue. I'm hoping this time he'll have a better answer of things to do about it.

hey mac...i average about 5 to 6 hrs.

When i was a kid i read somewhere that we sleep 1/3 of our lives away.So when i was in my teens and 20's i use to pull all nighters and then sleep like 8 or 10 hrs' to make up for it...What a rebel huh? :wacko:

i wander why we have some people that have trouble sleeping. both chappy and i have physical conditions that impede our sleep but lately i've come across several sleep impaired people. is it because we don't do enough work during the day, stress can really mess with your head, or maybe the little voices in our heads are still partying like it's college.

i wander why we have some people that have trouble sleeping. both chappy and i have physical conditions that impede our sleep but lately i've come across several sleep impaired people. is it because we don't do enough work during the day, stress can really mess with your head, or maybe the little voices in our heads are still partying like it's college.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, how'd I miss this thread?...I must've been sleeping :lol:Yeah Right!!!!!

Working a 3rd shift job almost always guarantees sleep problems...I couldn't even say what I average for a nights (days) sleep since it's so inconsistent.

Over the past week I've had a couple days @ 2.5 hours, a couple @ 3, a couple @ 5 and maybe 6 hours on my night off....Alot of that has to do with being a new dad but it wasn't too much different before.

I function at my best with 7 hours sleep but spread myself so thin with all aspects of my life that I don't have time to worry about functioning my best, just barely functional will do. :blink: