Blue Angels Perfect Formation

Found this on wunderground.com weather site. This was taken in Milwaukee, Wisc 7/17/05

BueAngelsPerfectFormation-Wisc.jpg

These guys are awesome.

Barb :thumbsup:

Sorry for large picture, lost instructions handplane gave me on how to resize it. I have them somewhere.

Edited by bar5

Wow, Barb,

Great picture!! Look how close they are to eachother!! The Blue Angels are going to be performing at the Muskegon Air Fair next weekend- across the lake from Milwaukee (about 30 minutes from my house)

Been to a couple Airshows and when the kids were little (too little attention span to merit tickets), we used to park at a nearby movie theater to watch the planes.

Unfortunately, I ended up being the only one in my family who loves to watch planes (my dad used to take us to O'Hare in Chicago to get us out of my mother's hair, so I grew up with them), so we haven't gone in many years. I'd sure love to go again!

Thanks for sharing the picture!

Liz

Unfortunatly, they stopped having our air-shows here. It all died out when the likes of the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds demanded to have the Interstate I-94 closed down for their shows. Even the Battle Creek balloon fest has stopped.

But Blim, in case you don't know it, we have the worlds greatest air museum.

Kalamazoo AirZoo

This place is so kewl, the planes are perfect, and the new section is beyond belief.

Fantastic image bar5. I love planes!

My Dad was in the Air Force. Seen air shows as a child. There is just something about seeing a jet take off.

A few years ago, on a trip to Florida to visit family. I was traveling with my Mom & Dad and Grandpa. We stopped at the (I think) Moody Air Force base in Georgia. Since my Dad was a veteran. We were allowed to stay at the visiting officer's quarters. The next morning, right after sunrise. I was able to watch the jets take off. Between the jets and the pilots in thier flight suits. I was in heaven. :P

I'm with you, Scarlett! :thumbsup: There's something about the sound of a jet engine that is amazing--pure power. I love to watch the F14 Tomcats (I always have to ask Hubby what they're called, though, "Honey, what's the plane I like?" --why can't I remember?!)

Bozodog, thanks for clearing up the Kalamazoo Air Show--I THOUGHT there was a show there at one time!! Nice to know I'm not completely losing my mind :) If I ever get to Kazoo, I'll have to check out the museum!

The kids are going to see the Blue Angels and the F14s this Saturday--they got free tickets to the Air Show (and didn't invite their dear momma! I'm so jealous!)

Liz