Jaybird X3 review: the best exercise headphones

I had previously reviewed the Jaybird X2 headphones, which I dubbed the best headphones for exercise. When I was asked to review the recently released Jaybird X3 headphones, I found it hard to resist. The X3’s are very similar to their predecessors in many ways–the main differences being improved sound, a smaller design, and compatibility with the MySound app.

What’s in the box?

itb-x3-desktop.jpg

• Jaybird X3 Wireless Bluetooth headphones
  • 3 sets of Comply foam ear tips (small, medium, large)
  • 3 sets of silicone ear tips (small, medium, large)
  • 3 sets of secure-fit ear fins (small, medium, large)
  • USB 2.0 charging cable
  • Cord management clips
  • Carrying pouch

Design and comfort

jaybird-x3-up-close-300x300.jpgThe Jaybird X3’s are well designed and durable, they are also 34 percent smaller than the X2’s, something Jaybird is extremely proud of and is touting as “helmet compatibility.” Unlike their predecessor, the X3 headphones aren’t available in a variety of fun colors–this time Jaybird opted for black or white.

Like the X2’s, the new X3 headphones are built to last–I sweat a lot and I have yet to have any issues. A lot of what you get with the Jaybird X3’s is familiar, such as the concept of “ear fins,” which I’m particularly fond of. The idea behind “ear fins” is to make the X3’s fit better in your ear and stay there (even with intense walking, running, jumping, weight lifting, etc) and because they are better fitted to your ear, they sound better.

If you get these headphones I highly recommend trying every set of ear tips and ear fins to find the right match for you. The better you can them to fit your ear, the more you will enjoy the product.

With the X2’s I had some issues with skippage or the audio cutting in and out when I put my iPhone in my pocket. I haven’t noticed that issue with the X3 headphones, they seem to do a better job at staying connected via Bluetooth.

Sound quality

For exercise-geared headphones, the sound quality they pump out is impressive and as I mentioned you can take advantage of the MySound app available for iOS and Android to adjust the EQ. They have great warm bass and a nice clear sound, which I enjoy. I listen to a lot of rock, pop-rock, pop, and alternative music and every song on my workout playlist sounded great. Often times with in-ear headphones audio just seems to be lacking — not with these. In fact, they’re so good that I often use my Jaybird X3 headphones when I’m out and about, walking around NYC.

Battery life

Like their predecessor’s, the Jaybird X3’s do not fall short when it comes to battery life. They advertise 8 hours and that’s what I have been getting. I’m impressed.

Final thoughts

The Jaybird X3 headphones retail for $129 (which is cheaper than the original X2 pricing) and are worth the money, especially if you are looking for a solid pair of exercise headphones. By the way, I have my X3’s paired with my iPhone and Apple Watch but if you have more devices you would want to pair them with fear not as the X3’s support pairing with up to eight (8) devices.

The post Jaybird X3 review: the best exercise headphones appeared first on BestTechie.

besttechie?d=yIl2AUoC8zA besttechie?d=qj6IDK7rITs
0NiJxWsCDpQ

View the full article