Typeeto Lets You Use Your Mac Keyboard On Your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV

The other day while browsing through the Mac App Store I stumbled across this nifty piece of software called Typeeto (it’s currently on sale for $1.99 but I believe that ends tonight, so if you think it’s cool after giving this a read, get it now before it jumps back to $9.99).

So what is Typeeto?

Typeeto is an app that enables you to use your Mac keyboard as a Bluetooth keyboard for other devices such as your iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, or even Android device. It’s super easy to configure as well and doesn’t require any additional software (aside from Typeeto on your Mac).

In terms of setup, simply connect your Mac to your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Android device via Bluetooth. This means you need to make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both ends. Here’s some instructions that will help you get your Mac and device paired via Bluetooth:

• Turn on Bluetooth on Mac (via System Preferences) and a device (via Settings on iPhone/iPad/Apple TV) you’d like to connect, make sure that both of them are on and discoverable.
  • Go to Bluetooth settings on either your Mac or device and pair the two devices so they can communicate with each other.
  • Once the devices are paired, you can then connect your device to the Mac via the menu bar icon and start typing.

If you get everything set up correctly once you are connected and ready to start typing, you will see this window appear on your screen.

typeeto-iphone-type-screen

If you see that on your Mac screen, that’s it! Your device is now connected and you can start typing away.

With Typeeto you can now use a full-scale real keyboard to type and best of all, it’s displayed in real-time on your device screen (in my tests, the text definitely showed up on the screen in real-time).

I’m super excited to connect my Apple TV to Typeeto, especially since the onscreen keyboard on every Apple TV is a pain in the butt to use. I cringe every time I have to enter a username/password. But not anymore!

You can assign hotkeys to make switching to typing on one of your devices super fast and switching back to your Mac is just as simple — literally, just start typing on your Mac again and Typeeto will disconnect your device.

Check it out, let me know what you think!

The post Typeeto Lets You Use Your Mac Keyboard On Your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV appeared first on BestTechie.

besttechie?d=yIl2AUoC8zA besttechie?d=qj6IDK7rITs

View the full article