I finally got to using spybot search and destroy, I updated the definintions first than I ran a search. It came up with I believe 4 enteries of DSO Exploit. In the description it says theres sercurity holes in XP, and gives links to update XP. Except I have all updates, and I currently have SP1 running XP home edition. Why is it coming up with DSO exploits? Any one know how this can be fixed?

Basically, spybot successfully removed it, but it continues to show as a false positive thereafter.

This has to do with the way the registry key is removed, and then windows creates a new one to replace it.

The replacement is not the DSO exploit, but shows up as it.

They are working on a fix where spybot will create a new registry entry to replace the one it removes so that windows does not continue to create new ones which test as positives.

In the meantime, fix it once and ignore it thereafter (unless you get an infestation by something) . Just immunize your system with spybot and spywareblaster and then observe safe surfing practices

Or copy the following quote into notepad, choose save as "dsofix.reg" with the quotes and any file as type

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0]

"1004"=dword:00000003

Save to desktop. and double click to merge this fix with your registry.