Besttechie empty

It is so hard to come here every day 7-10 times a day and find no one new has posted, whether it be in the Malware Section where i do my thing of helping people with computer cleaning or in any section. I know this has got to be hard on Jeff (Besttechie) who has spent a lot of time & money on making this a special place. I know a lot of other places are being frequented by users needing help, so why do we get passed by ? IMO it's because they are better known ! Any way you look at it we must get more traffic or else !!! Just some thoughts on this days Open Chat page !!

Chuck

It will be a shame if besttechie goes away. throughout the years I know I have gotten so much needed help from so many knowledgeable people. It has been  great to come here and just say hi to all. With all the changes in os's and such I am surprised there is not more traffic. I hope things do pick up.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Some of us are getting old and have many issues to deal with to even login to the forums. The surgery on my leg kept me in the hospital for 12 days. I made it home only to return for a blocked ventral hernia. I ended up with sepsis and still hospitalized. On top of that my platelet count was low along with my hemacrit. I have been receiving transfusions plus under went a bone marrow aspiration & biopsy to determine why. I finally got someone to bring one of my laptops to me only to discover they grabbed the one I was working on. I've got about 3/4 of a viewable screen so I have spent two days trying to move items around to the right side of the screen, Pretty hard when you can't see the mouse and icons. Looks like I am going to be here for a few more days and will need several weeks.

Hey TT , good to know you are still hanging in there. Man you have had a tough time of it. I count myself pretty luckily not having any medical issues other than a hip that is starting to give me a few problems ! This getting old crap is not what we expected i think. I have know you a long time & know you are a fighter & will go down swinging like me ! Since my days in Nam i have always said "Life is a piece of cake, i got this" ...... i may have to change my mind soon. TT keep on fighting the fight, i'm pulling for ya !!

Cguck

• 1 month later...

Made it home for a couple dayss after the hernia repair only to have my dialysis center to become concerned with my blood pressure before they could begin my treatment. The charge nurse called in the ambulance crew to take me back to the hosipital. During the 40 minute trip my pressure stayed in the normal range. After sokme cussing in the ER I consented to be readmitted and checked out. During this stay I started having bloody bowel movements. They performed an endoscopy and colonoscopy which found that I had a couple of esophageal ulcers.During this stay I also ended up with a bad case of lymphedema in both legs. I am now home again slowly working the fluid out of my legs and regaining my muscle strength and dexterity back. Damn wheelchair time again. 73 total days hospitalized.

My God TT you one tough son-s- b ........... I guess my little aches & pains are just that (little) ! Hoping there is relief soon for you !!

Keep at it friend !!!!

Chuck

Hang in there TT - I also have been having problems with my neck, Back, shoulders, and head, because of my posture - I am in PT now to help with this, and I feel better each time I go - My back has been cracking each time too hehehhe :D

Take Care :)

Brian

73 days is more than enough to qualify for rehab therapy under medicare..

After the forum took a turn away from tech knowledge and exchange and plunged into political and religious extremism I made my goodbyes and only stop by when I am really bored.   
Small forums like this have really seen a downturn. Even Mikes causehead is a dead zone these days.
Most folks prefer to use social meda (Facebook) which they can access from smartphones. 
Computers are becoming more and more stable, less problems and they tend to be new (not just a variation on things we have repeatedly fixed). Fewer people want to fix their own machines, and windows is better at healing itself.   Antivirus and protective software  are becoming more and more effective and fewer people are not installing them.

Winter is over, school is out, summer is a little over a week away.  

Still running the dogs every morning; not sure how many more years I can keep it up but I will while I can..

Pete good to see you are still out there ! After all these years i still consider you the best friend i have met on the computer ! I still keep up on the new virus & things that are trouble for computer users ! But as you said "There are less problems with them" !! Anyway you keep going after the dogs ! It helps you all !

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, hang in there TT!!!!!!! I hope it all gets better soon....

Yes I know this is a late Post, sorry about that have had a lot of problems myself these past 6 months.... I hate getting old!!!!!!  LOL

Hi Pete, Hi Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent you a PM Flash....

Cheers everyone...

• 4 weeks later...

Ditto on that, Pete certainly has helped me over the years when I was a real novice and knew nothing at all, but he had the patience to teach me some things and I don't forget. Thanks!!!

Many thanks to all of you here that have helped me to progress, each and every one of you have contributed and not forgotten. I try now to pass on that knowledge I have learned here to others. That is the whole idea.