Like email spam they can tell when it is opened and viewed and when someone from her clicks their link.

If you don't check out their link, and you delete the post before anyone else does  then as far as they know this is a dead forum.  Before long they should pretty much quit.    I know one board where all forums are hidden till you join. Once you  join you initially can only post on one board the welcome board (where you introduce yourself).  Thus the spam bots only post on that one welcome board and always post in the same thread. Easy cleanup and the regulars know not to pay attention when they see that thread with a new thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a complete banning of several months of flagged spam accounts a couple weeks ago. I went into the hospital last Monday to get a couple units of RBC for my anemia. While I was waiting in triage I mentioned the swelling in my leg that was injured transporting my step-father in his wheelchair. I told them the edema seemed to get better, but I think it may be turning into cellulitus. Good thing because It was and an infection had set in. I just got out after several days of IV antibiotics. After fighting with the idiot "doctors" at the local state run teaching hospital about them wanting to do expermental treatments on my leg ulcers I am going to just sit in my chair for a few days and zone out. I'll get back to banning those you flag. You don't need to notify me that there are spammers on board. I have a method of checking all of your actions in the admin panel. Once I am in the zone the ban hammer will swing hard and swift. :thumbsup:  

TT:

Thank You for all you do, and I hope you will be back with us soon - Take it easy and take care old friend ;-)

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

sounds like the old days of TechTV. i remember having to notify casey back then about spammers.

no matter what forum it is, or Facebook group, there are always going to be someone trying to spam with stupid stuff.

if i remember we called them trolls back then.

keep up the good work there TT, Pete, and Flash.

Good to see your still kicking Chief !

As TT stated "You don't need to notify me that there are spammers on board" ........... and no need to notify me either we know when they make spam messages !

Chuck

Got another one this morning:

http://www.besttechie.com/forums/topic/34744-so-cheap-airmax-and-lebron-shoes-for-sale/ (In the Linux forum)

and

http://www.besttechie.com/forums/topic/34743-very-very-very-cheap-nike-kd-shoes/ (in Windows 8/7/Vista/XP)

User:  http://www.besttechie.com/forums/user/12165-lyt81020061/

All his postings that I saw, I also used the REPORT Button as well :)

Brian

Edited by baker7
  • 2 weeks later...

I just banned every reported spammer going way back. Just keep marking them as spammers, no need to click the report button. I haven't been checking my email too often, damn doctors are keeping me busy as well as alive. Found out that my leg ulcers are slow healing due to a blocked artery in my leg. I go into the hospital again after the holidays. This time it is the better hospital in this area and my vascular surgeon will be taking care of me.On top of that the eye doc said my cataract has gotten to the point where he wants to remove it. Hopefully it works well and I won't have to buy a much larger monitor

Until then I have some work to finish on the house before the real bad storms come in. That little Nor'easter we had wasn't nothing compared to what we usually contend with. My time on the PC will be limited for a while as I finish buttoning this place up.

• 4 weeks later...

Last Thursday I went in and had three stents placed in my legs to allow some blood flow back. In two weeks I'll be having a bypass done on the main artery from groin to knee on my left leg. The 4 to 6 weeks recuperating will drive me up the wall. Of course it'll give me time to study Windows 10 and what laptop I want to install it on. I'll try to check in now and then. Still busy working on this house. Old houses need lots of attention.

Hey TT good to see you are still kicking ! Dam you sure have a lot of medical problems. Hope you get some of them fixed this time. We just keep plugging along ! Ok keep the faith & fight !

Chuck

Sent you a PM TT !!!!

They should give me a medical degree with all of the procedures done on me. I usually don't let them knock me out so I can watch and ask questions. Most of the surgeons actually enjoy that I take an interest and study my issues. All I'm doing is paying for the abuse I put my body through in he past..Thankfully insurance companies can no longer drop me due to costs of my treatments and pre-existing conditions.

PS: That Chinese spambot is now taken care of.

Hey TT good to see you are still kicking ! Dam you sure have a lot of medical problems. Hope you get some of them fixed this time. We just keep plugging along ! Ok keep the faith & fight !

Chuck

Sent you a PM TT !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the notice about the license key. Good to know it's reactivated. The anti-spam feature helps a lot. 

My surgeons had to postpone my bypass surgery until March 10. In the mean time they have me running the gauntlet with pre-surgery tests. At least I was able to get everything set up so my step-father was taken care of while I recover. My niece is willing to do any running I need done and doing some of my household chores. Basically looks like I will be on vacation until spring weather hits.

• 2 weeks later...