Help with slow computer

If that doesn't work lets run this program:

Please download JavaRa http://raproducts.org/click/click.php?id=1
 and unzip it to your desktop.

* Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
    * Click on Remove Older Versions to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
    * Click Yes when prompted. When JavaRa is done, a notice will appear that a logfile has been produced. Click OK.
    * A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location.

Then download and install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update

I tried installing the Adobe reader and flash after turning off my anti-virus, and it still didn't work.

After I ran JavaRa, it said no logfile exists.  I had already installed the most recent Java...which is version 7 update 60...

I am still having the same issue

Edited by Suz

Ok lets try this program, it is also worth keepin in case you want to delete or remove anything installed  !

Revo Uninstaller is more thorough in deleting programs on your computer than using the Add/Remove option in Windows. Since it is a more powerful tool, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Please note there is a chance when you look for this program to uninstall through Revo it might not be listed because of the previous uninstall. If that is the case simply stop and let me know.

* Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free >>> http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
   * Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
   * From the list of programs double click on the listed program(s), or anything similar, to remove it !!

It will find other files to remove just follow the promps !!

Let me know !!

Chuck

Here is a program a lot of people are using in place of Adobe Reader, you may check it out, you can always uninstall if you don't like it !!

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

I am out of suggestions on installing Adobe !! I looked threw all my notes fron class & nothing ! Sorry !

Chuck

Thanks for all your help.  I did finally figure out a way to get Adobe reader installed.  I had to go to a different place on the Adobe website.  My computer is still having problems, so I think there is something more wrong with it than you can help me with.  My Firefox keeps stopping and saying "not responding" and so does my Microsoft Word, especially when I am trying to save a document. I also get the "not responding" message on other things when I am trying to open them up.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that all the cleaning that we did didn't solve my problem.  I don't know if programs are "fighting" with one another or what.

Edited by Suz

I discussed this with other Malware fighters and we think it's an issue with your operating system, by that we think there are some files/programs that are missing or corrupt. A wipe of the system & reinstall of the system is what we think may be the cure to the problem, after backing up & saving all important files. We did clean a lot of junk out of it & re-installed some programs, but unfortunately did not cure your problem. There is no way we can fix or diagnose a problem like that & be perfectly sure on line. Sorry, we tried !!

Chuck