Obamacare website and security

• 2 months later...

I got signed up through the Healthcare marketplace.

I  encountered no problems with the site crashing, lack of security,  threats to privacy or otherwise.

I was able to compare the policies offerred by several different insurers, and check out their different policies.
I was able to print out the overview and take it to doctors which the provider listed ad preferred / participating and verify the coverage was accepted.

I was able to find a policy which offerred me better flexibility, better coverage (lower deductible and copays) than what I had as well as being accepted by more doctors.

I was able to complete enrollment with no problems.

I was then contacted by the insurer who confirmed that I had been accepted and enrolled and that my first payment was due by January 10th and I could make it online at any time.

I went online,  logged into the insurers secure site and entered my information, confirmed that the policy I had signed up for was the one being offerred and made my payment.

Overall my impression was positive.  The process would have been a lot better had it not been for all the negative publicity which probably discouraged a lot of people from utilizing this resource to research and compare insurers and policies. 

Compared to when the IRS rolled out E-File for income tax this was flawless.  The first time I tried to E-File I had so many problems (and they wanted to charge for fixing each one) that I wound up just paper filing for that  year and the next few until they ironed out the bugs. 

The 41 employees of Extreme Dodge in Jackson, Mich., are very familiar with trade-ins, but this year they’re learning about trade-offs as they come face to face with the new realities of health care. A few workers say they’re getting a great deal, but most have a severe case of sticker shock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twenty-six of the dealership's workers had been covered this year under the old company plan. Twenty-one have now decided to go with the new group plan recommended by the company for next year, though they realize that they face sharply higher out-of-pocket costs next year.

Their deductibles will go from $1,125 this year to $3,000 next year, and maximum out-of-pocket costs jump from $2,250 to $6,350. And for families, those numbers double: to a $6,000 deductible and $12,700 out-of-pocket maximum.

Story