Harbor Freight "WARNING"

Today i received a call from my local bank saying my debit card had been canceled !! Seems as tho some Hackers broke into their Harbor Freight's system & stole a whole bunch of Credit & Debit card numbers ! I do not know if this is just the Harbor Freight in Billings,Montana which is the closest to Wyoming where i buy a lot of tools ! If you have bought anything from Harbor Freight lately you may want to call your bank immediately !!!!!!

Chuck

I shop Harbor Freight a lot and have not recieved any such warnings from my bank(s).

I always keep alert as to transactions on my accounts.

Was anything charged using your card?

Usually when it is the database that gets hacked / accessed it relates to online purchases since they tend to retain those if you set up a profile and password so you can check the progress of your order.

If you use it at the stores, they don't retain it, the swipe is transmitted to a processing company (which may have been hacked).   That would be my guess, that the card processing company the one in Billings uses got hacked and their database stolen.

Yep could of been Pete, the bank did not give me any info other than what i stated, then today they said the hackers tried to get a cash advance of $3,000 ............ LMAO i never keep more than $750 in it at a time, when needed i transfer from my checking over to my debit !! Hope they catch them !!

Chuck