Window explorer crashes well veiwing picture on desktop

Howdy sceeter, tell me more about your problem ! Is it a certain pic or the wallpaper ??

Do you get an error or does it just shut down !

goto c:/windows/minidump and see if you can find an error message to copy here !!

• 4 months later...

Hi 

sceeter32

I am suspecting that your computers system files may have been corrupted for some reason which is preventing windows explurorer to run normally. Do you have any antivirus installed on computer? Some virus can corrupt system files. Try to do a system restore. If this doesn't help them the best solution would be to install a fresh copy of windows. Best of luck. If you like, this article may be helpful to learn more about this problem: http://www.techyv.com/questions/windows-explorer-error-message-when-so-many-windows-are-open

Do not do a system restore !!!! It could hide the problem & we might not find it or it may become harder to figure out why !

My suggestion is start a topic in the Malware Section & lets run some test to see what we can find !!

Chuck

Hi 

sceeter32

I am suspecting that your computers system files may have been corrupted for some reason which is preventing windows explurorer to run normally. Do you have any antivirus installed on computer? Some virus can corrupt system files. Try to do a system restore.

I for the life of me can't figure out why people think that System Restore is a miracle worker. Lots of times it does way more harm and makes things harder to figure out and get straight than it is worth.

Edited by MrBill