What can we do

Hey members & mods, we need to get more traffic to post here. What can we do, any suggestions ??? Most other forums are pretty busy with users needing help or Malware Removal or just new threads. Do we need some more color to attract them, or what suggestions can we give Jeff to kick start this place !! There has to be a reason we don't pick up some of that traffic. Let us have any suggestions you may have ???

Thanks

Chuck

Put the link in your sig on other forums you are a member of.

Same with Facebook if you use it (is there a besttechie facebook page? If so like it).

Link to articles on the main site.

Pete's right. The more we share the site's content, post comments, and get others to sign-up and post questions on the forums, the better. Plus, if you see a conversation taking place somewhere and one of our articles is relevant, it could help to share it. The more exposure we can get, the better.

We've had growth on the main site, but not so much on the forums. I'm hoping to turn that around, but it'll take help from everyone else here, too.

You can follow BestTechie on Twitter and Facebook too.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/besttechie

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/besttechie

B

I did all that sometime ago guys, so here's hoping they will come !!! I inform everyone on FB that here is the best place for any help that is computer related !!!

Chuck

I did all that sometime ago guys, so here's hoping they will come !!! I inform everyone on FB that here is the best place for any help that is computer related !!!

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck. I've been linking to our forum as well. :)

I don't want to sound sour, but queries need to be answered. Perhaps we have too many choices of topics for helpers to scan regularly.

Case in point. If we don't have experts in a field, why have the topic?

I remember when this place was booming. Help coming from every direction and Jeff even getting some revenue from google ads.

I don't want to sound sour, but queries need to be answered. Perhaps we have too many choices of topics for helpers to scan regularly.

I remember when this place was booming. Help coming from every direction and Jeff even getting some revenue from google ads.

I am hopeful that some of the experts will come back to BT. Today is G4's last day.

Hi. Don't think I know you. But I've been here since 2005. In reply to "what can we do", here's what I think. Start answering questions that users post. Even if you don't know the answer, at least acknowlege the question. I've come back to BT many times over the years after it's decline. Posted a question, saw that 80 people looked at the post, yet no one replied. That's not good biz. Joe

Hey members & mods, we need to get more traffic to post here. What can we do, any suggestions ??? Most other forums are pretty busy with users needing help or Malware Removal or just new threads. Do we need some more color to attract them, or what suggestions can we give Jeff to kick start this place !! There has to be a reason we don't pick up some of that traffic. Let us have any suggestions you may have ???

Thanks

Chuck

Yep, we need to make sure questions are being answered (or at least acknowledged). One thing I'd like to point out though is that the site is actually doing quite well, we're growing, however most of the growth is coming from the main part of the site where we're publishing excellent content. Since I started working on BT full-time around 5 months ago, our traffic has increased 30-40% and our pageviews have more than doubled. We're definitely going in the right direction.

I'd encourage everyone to read the main site every day and even leave comments, share the posts on social, etc.

B