changes needed

change to new format  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Change to Windows 8 tutorials forum format

2. 2. Is this forum too hard to work with?

In my opinion the format is fine the way it is ! Jeff (BT) and staff are always tweaking it ! BC is fine but nothing special that i have occurred in being a member since 05. Just my opinion !

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

I do not believe that changes to BT are needed or necessary as far as they go now. Jeff is very aware of what he is doing with his site, and knows what works and what does not - He also can probably say what is doable and what is not.

I've been with BT since 2005 - There have been a lot of advances in technology since then, and I have seen changes made when they are needed or necessary. I personally have NOTHING AGAINST BC or BT, but if you turn BT into a Bleeping Computer type site, I believe you lose some of what makes BT a special place. The BT site has informative content, and specialized content that make it what it is.

You also have staff and users who have been here for a LONG time, and we will support BT and Jeff as he strives to make this place better. BT was the place I came to when the TechTV/G4TTV/G4 stuff was rampant. This place has helped me in many ways, has helped me keep my machines clean, increased my communication and skills with computers, and has been a "home" for me since 2005.

Things have to change sometimes to make them work well. I believe that Jeff has a finger on the pulse of this place, and that his recent changes to the website make it easier to access, post and interact with his user base. With the recent acquisition of G4 by esquire, I have a feeling that a lot of of our userbase will retrun to provide more interaction and support to our community.

I can tell you from experience - You can be a member of many Internet Forums, chat rooms, Blogs, Websites, etc - But once you find one that you feel comfortable being a member of, it it is hard to let go of your home base. I have a lot of friends here, and I glad for each one of them, and for what that have helped me to become. Jeff's Youtube Channel also has a lot of great Content, and I hope that he is able to continue the great stuff that he is known for ;-)

Jeff: You are AMAZING: I don't know how you do what it is you do - You are indeed a godsend - and I THANK YOU for what you do, your efforts, your ideas, your patience and understanding - Besttechie is AWESOME, and it is made so by the people who are here supporting you, and it is made possible because of your vision and drive to keep up to date on tech-related content.

You are the MAN - Never forget that ;)

Respectfully,

Brian

Edited by baker7

I do not believe that changes to BT are needed or necessary as far as they go now. Jeff is very aware of what he is doing with his site, and knows what works and what does not - He also can probably say what is doable and what is not.

I've been with BT since 2005 - There have been a lot of advances in technology since then, and I have seen changes made when they are needed or necessary. I personally have NOTHING AGAINST BC or BT, but if you turn BT into a Bleeping Computer type site, I believe you lose some of what makes BT a special place. The BT site has informative content, and specialized content that make it what it is.

You also have staff and users who have been here for a LONG time, and we will support BT and Jeff as he strives to make this place better. BT was the place I came to when the TechTV/G4TTV/G4 stuff was rampant. This place has helped me in many ways, has helped me keep my machines clean, increased my communication and skills with computers, and has been a "home" for me since 2005.

Things have to change sometimes to make them work well. I believe that Jeff has a finger on the pulse of this place, and that his recent changes to the website make it easier to access, post and interact with his user base. With the recent acquisition of G4 by esquire, I have a feeling that a lot of of our userbase will retrun to provide more interaction and support to our community.

I can tell you from experience - You can be a member of many Internet Forums, chat rooms, Blogs, Websites, etc - But once you find one that you feel comfortable being a member of, it it is hard to let go of your home base. I have a lot of friends here, and I glad for each one of them, and for what that have helped me to become. Jeff's Youtube Channel also has a lot of great Content, and I hope that he is able to continue the great stuff that he is known for ;-)

Jeff: You are AMAZING: I don't know how you do what it is you do - You are indeed a godsend - and I THANK YOU for what you do, your efforts, your ideas, your patience and understanding - Besttechie is AWESOME, and it is made so by the people who are here supporting you, and it is made possible because of your vision and drive to keep up to date on tech-related content.

Respectfully,

Brian

Hey Brian,

Thanks so much for the kind words! I really appreciate everything you said, it means a lot to me -- it really does. I don't even know how to say how happy I got when I read your post. All I can say is I do what I do and will continue to do what I do because of our community members (such as yourself) both current and future.

We're (all of us) going to build the best tech site on the Internet. And the reason I know this is because we have the best community ever and I will do everything I can to keep it that way. Here's to the future of BT -- it's going to be great! :)

B

• 5 weeks later...

Respectfully,

Brian

Hey Brian,

Thanks so much for the kind words! I really appreciate everything you said, it means a lot to me -- it really does. I don't even know how to say how happy I got when I read your post. All I can say is I do what I do and will continue to do what I do because of our community members (such as yourself) both current and future.

We're (all of us) going to build the best tech site on the Internet. And the reason I know this is because we have the best community ever and I will do everything I can to keep it that way. Here's to the future of BT -- it's going to be great! :)

B

Jeff:

You're WELCOME!! and I MEANT every word of it too!! Far too Often websites want to change what they do, what they serve or who they are. They do this, but sometimes I think they forget who they were, and who they are. I believe BT to be the site that knows what it is, who it serves, what its mission is, and has a firm hand on where it wants to go. You have to take a LONG look at what you do, who you serve and your mission before you can make any decisions on what and if changes are necessary.

I am PROUD of you and what you have done, and I recommend BT to those who may have issues with computers that our team may be able to solve. I see the efforrt that you put into this place and it shows - Tech related topics can change REALLY fast, and you seem to have found a way to make this information pertenant and plentiful, while giving your honest opinion on many topics and devices. BT is what it is because of YOU, the way you deal with information, and what you decide is good information. BT is also what it is because of your userbase - We are here to support you all the way - BT is special because of the way we run, and I feel that we are like a family - How many guys can say that they have turned a love of computers and technology into a place like this - VERY FEW - You have done that, and done it well!

I try to follow my deams too - I. like you, have helped many people over the years - My dream is to continue to run BBUS (buddy-baker.us) and learn how to do it well. I also like to blog as well, so I am trying to find ways to fix it up so it looks cool. I will send you an email to let you know where I stand and see if you may be able to give me a hand :)

Keep on Truckin Dude - Your The BEST!!!

Respectfully,

Brian