Hey guys,

This place has always helped me in years past, and for that I am so thankful!

I have a new question for everyone:

So I have a HP Mini 1000 1030NR, with windows XP. Me and a friend recently took it apart to inspect the hard drive inside it, since we thought the hard drive inside might be bigger than the system was reporting. My friend has experience taking laptops apart, and didn't force anything out. He has the tools to do it, all that jazz.

Now, upon booting it up, the screen is completely blank. I can't remember if we had it working in between the time we put it back together or not - but regardless, I'm still having this problem. The power, network, trackpad, and AC power lights all light up, as well as the fan, but nothing appears on the screen. We took it apart again and checked to make sure the cable for the monitor was plugged in and that there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Everything looks fine on the inside.

I googled this - and have found out there are lots of other HP Mini users who have run into this issue. Some of them claim that you should "reset" the memory. Some say to take out the CMOS battery. Some of them say you can even get it to work by plugging chargable device (such as a cell phone) and turning the PC off and on at the same time. Lots of these people seem to have gotten results.

The manual says if the screen is blank the device may not be set to display the image on the device screen. It says to push fn + f2. I did that and nothing happened.

Do any of you have any thoughts? Do you think it's something that we physically did to disconnect the monitor? Or something a little more complex?

Thank you so much!!

Any chance you disconnected the video cable from motherboard to display when you had it apart ?

I take it this is a netbook? Or is it a mini tower PC?

If PC then take it apart and check to see if you disconnected anything and forgot to reconnect it.

Netbook, double check that everything is seated and connected. Check if there is a function button to switch from the LCD display to an external monitor. Make sure it is in the right position.